Contribute
Register

Only USB 3 ports working, USB2 ports just powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is up to MacMan. Currently, he uses the build from Zenith432 and Zenith has not released a binary with the changes made to the source code, even though these changes were completed 2013-11-23.

Thread from Zenith432: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/

I posted [url="http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeast-feature-requests/139248-update-genericusbxhci-rehabmans-latest-build.html]a suggestion[/url] for MultiBeast.
Cheers!

The problem has reappeared and this time I've noticed some errors in the logs:
Code:
kernel[0]: USBF:    0.879    AppleUSBEHCI:: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource
kernel[0]: SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x4c01, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff
kernel[0]: USBF:    0.935    AppleUSBEHCI::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
Should I revert to the official build and try something else?

The problem has reappeared and this time I've noticed some errors in the logs:
Code:
kernel[0]: USBF:    0.879    AppleUSBEHCI:: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource
kernel[0]: SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x4c01, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff
kernel[0]: USBF:    0.935    AppleUSBEHCI::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)
Should I revert to the official build and try something else?

Those messages are unrelated to GenericUSBXHCI.kext. AppleUSBEHCI.kext is USB2 kext.

Those messages are unrelated to GenericUSBXHCI.kext. AppleUSBEHCI.kext is USB2 kext.
Indeed. I eventually realised that I had to make DSDT edits to make USB 2 work.
They were missing because I was following your advice of keeping edits to a minimum and only editing what I understand.

I looked through your ProBook and general laptop EHCI patches but couldn't figure out how well they might fit for my laptop so I reverted to a more generic set of patches.

I've attached the patch I'm using currently for you (or anyone else) to critique.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• elitebook.txt.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 71
Indeed. I eventually realised that I had to make DSDT edits to make USB 2 work.
They were missing because I was following your advice of keeping edits to a minimum and only editing what I understand.

I looked through your ProBook and general laptop EHCI patches but couldn't figure out how well they might fit for my laptop so I reverted to a more generic set of patches.

I've attached the patch I'm using currently for you (or anyone else) to critique.

Thanks for your help.

You can do without DTGP. See my patches for the ProBook and here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Your ECHx patches are doing the same thing as Probook/laptop-dsdt-patch repos. Device-id inject is likely unnecessary (potentially wrong).

AAPL,has-embedded-fn-keys is pure hackintosh myth and unnecessary. The drivers we use do not look at it.

You should check that device-id inject for LPC is needed. No need to inject device-id that is same as native. And don't inject a device-id that is different unless the native id is not recognized and is compatible with the one you're injecting.

You can do without DTGP.
Yes, I figured out how to make it redundant.
See my patches for the ProBook and here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Your ECHx patches are doing the same thing as Probook/laptop-dsdt-patch repos. Device-id inject is likely unnecessary (potentially wrong).
They are for newer platforms (series 6 and 7) than my laptop (1st gen Core i5) so I made a merge of sorts between your series 6 EHCI patch and what I was using. It worked without the device-id inject.
AAPL,has-embedded-fn-keys is pure hackintosh myth and unnecessary. The drivers we use do not look at it.

You should check that device-id inject for LPC is needed. No need to inject device-id that is same as native. And don't inject a device-id that is different unless the native id is not recognized and is compatible with the one you're injecting.
I removed both of those as well.

That leaves just three patches I am still not sure about: IRQs, RTC and SMBUS.
With all three disabled, USB 2 doesn't work.
With all three enabled, both shutdown and restart take 10-15 seconds longer and trigger a strange noise from the speakers.
Could you venture a guess as to what combination of these three patches will enable USB 2 and good shutdown behaviour at the same time?

Attachments

• elitebook.txt.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 70
Yes, I figured out how to make it redundant.

They are for newer platforms (series 6 and 7) than my laptop (1st gen Core i5) so I made a merge of sorts between your series 6 EHCI patch and what I was using. It worked without the device-id inject.

I removed both of those as well.

That leaves just three patches I am still not sure about: IRQs, RTC and SMBUS.
With all three disabled, USB 2 doesn't work.
With all three enabled, both shutdown and restart take 10-15 seconds longer and trigger a strange noise from the speakers.
Could you venture a guess as to what combination of these three patches will enable USB 2 and good shutdown behaviour at the same time?

Are you using patched AppleHDA or VoodooHDA?

VoodooHDA.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.
I did that and found the instructions very long, complicated and intricate.
Doing all that work for something that already works makes no sense to me.
DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"
I just added the IRQ fix only and found it is the sole responsible for both enabling USB 2 and messing with the shutdown sequence.
I can live with how that works for now.
Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back