Contribute
Register

Only Clover logo at boot

First, thanks again, and sorry it took me a while to answer, needed the time to properly do USB mapping before.
Post a copy of your latest CLOVER EFI, so we can see exactly what you are using.

Just remember to redact/delete your Serial Number from the config.plist before posting a copy here.

Which version of macOS are you running?

Is this your Skylake Ptah Media Center system?

Ptah (Media Center) GA-Z170N-WIFI | i3 6320 | HD 530
Oups, thanks for the serial advice and removing EFI from my previous post. Here is my new EFI, with the USB kext now in it and the serial removed. I run 10.14.6, and yes this is Ptah, skylake build.

probably a USB issue as you haven't done your USB Port setup correctly, relying on High Sierra USB port limit patches is incorrect, especially if you are trying to update to Catalina
Thanks, I think the setup is OK now, posted the new EFI with the kext (as mentioned above), but I still have just the clover logo at boot, still need to press a key to make the drives and the options appear ...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.8 MB · Views: 6
Here is a revised CLOVER EFI for a Skylake system using a Kepler Nvidia DGPU to drive the display.

Copy the EFI Folder to the EFI partition on a spare USB pen drive. Boot from the pen drive, you will know when you are booting from the revised EFI as the Clover boot screen will be different to your normal boot screen background.

See if the macOS drive is displayed in Clover.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 7
Thanks a LOT for your time.

It doesn't work either. I've copied the EFI you gave me to the EFI partition of a USB stick (the one I use to test my attempts at OpenCore), and it's the same, just clover logo unless I press a key. But the boot screen was the same, just not the same drives when I pressed a key (the install on the USB stick and my HD, when I start with the regular EFI from the HD, I have more, like a recovery partition, so I assume it was hte EFI from the stick not the one from my HD).

My attempts at OC were not successful either, but I think I should resolve this Clover stuff before, in case it could be also a problem with OC (and I'm trying OC for both my machines, a bit more luck with my Haswell build than the Skylake, but this is a different topic ... :)).

In case it could be related, when I boot OC, after choosing my system, it reboot (board logo again), then write some text on the screen (image attached) and nothing more. I don't think it's related with the clover problem, but in case it is I mention it, but it's probably just me not doing OC properly.

IMG_4227 - copie.jpg

Again, thank you so much for the help

Back