Contribute
Register

Only boots with cpus=1/cpus=31 and freezes at PCI Configuration Begin when GTX 980 Ti installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

did you have success on El Capitan or Yosemite after all??

I have the same problem here. The Mavericks (10.9.4 in my case) version works well with my hardware configuration, but when I try to install Yosemite or El Capitan, It freezes at pci begin configuration (cpus=1) every time.

Please, if you had succeeded, share that with us. Thanks.

Regards,

Dsssantos.

The Mavericks (10.9.4 in my case) version works well with my hardware configuration, but when I try to install Yosemite or El Capitan, It freezes at pci begin configuration (cpus=1) every time.

Please put your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model into the system configuration area on the left, and/or your signature. It's hard to give you good advice without having that information on hand on every post.

Then, please list the boot arguments you're using.

I know this is an older post but instead of creating a new one I figured I would start here as I am having a very similar problem with relatively similar hardware. I was able to install El Captain on my SSD successfully however when I try to boot from the hard drive I get hung up at the apple logo, I posted this issue with a picture of my screen in verbose mode here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/186908-cant-boot-el-capitan-ssd-2.html .

The processors I am using don't have integrated graphics so it was suggested that I try again using a designated card, so I did using the Nvidia GTX GeForce 740 and now I get hung up at [PCI Configuration Begin]

I also noticed the cpu count was off by 1 as it doesn't have a cpu 0, however it displays the correct number under ncache:

I have tried using various combinations of the following bootflags: -v -x npci=0x2000/0x3000 cpus=1 to no avail.

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

IMG_2041.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2041.pdf
    162.2 KB · Views: 529
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back