Contribute
Register

Only boots in safemode and now doesn't boot (thread got deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77 ud5h • 32GB Cosair vengeance Ram • Fractal R4 • Noctua NH-14 • Cosair cx600 • CrossOver 27 " •
CPU
3.5 3770k
Graphics
intel hd 4000 & sapphire HD6780
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Only boots in safemode help??

MODERATOR IF THIS IS A PROBLEM MESSAGE ME BEFORE DELETING THIS POST PLEASE

as far as paying for someones time outside of tonymac please private message me as it cannot be discussed here

I Realy dont appreciate the thread deleting you could of told me to change it and I didn't see anything violating policy. it's a real unprofessional thing to do.

here we go again. with old installer I was stuck only booting in safe mode but with new unibeast released today I get kernal panics listed here. photo.jpgphoto2.jpg

DETAILS

i3770k

motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H

Ram 3 1gb sticks

Graphics Internal HD4000
also I have the hd6950 but not using it.

Case R4

i CANNOT OFFER MONEY ON HERE (even though they didn't say this or show me a rule) So please private message me to dicuss anything outside of tonymac.

I've tried graphic enabler, pcirootuid, -v,-x,-f, etc..

I'm assuming there's a typo in your profile, since it's unlikely you have 3 - 1gb ram for total memory. Did you run the latest version of Chimera? What exactly did you chose in MB? Please - if you want to part with some cas, make a contribution to this board so they can keep helping the community. Nobody using this board will [or should] accept money for their help.

So, please post everything you've checked off in MB, etc.

No typo its ram from a macpro system yes 3 x 1b sticks. i did when i could boot into safe mode it then wouldn't boot or it did nothing as I redid this process atleast 20 times. multibeast i did one at a time installs once choosing chimera it didn't boot further just stayed at wheel and apple logo. I'm offering it as for peoples time as this takes alot of time and work from others so either way I'll be contributing to the board I just offered that if they wanted to give it to the board. I see nothing wrong with paying someone to get extensive help as you would to fix anything and i cannot find the answer so i do need help. Also anyone know how to download lion from mac app store I cannot find it there only ML and I need lion install as backup if this doesn't end up working.

(whoever replied with this please post on the thread here or PM me) incase this works or to further diagnose.
Leave the sound for later....

√ boot with -s
√ mount the hard disk with /sbin/mount -uw / (I think it's this command, anyway it shows on the screen)
√ mv /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /
√ Then reboot and check if it panics somewhere else

^^^^tried this above and it say no file or directory I added the screenshot.
photo3.JPG

I Realy dont appreciate the thread deleting you could of told me to change it and I didn't see anything violating policy. it's a real unprofessional thing to do.

here we go again. with old installer I was stuck only booting in safe mode but with new unibeast released today I get kernal panics listed here. View attachment 27436View attachment 27437

DETAILS

i3770k

motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H

Ram 3 1gb sticks

Graphics Internal HD4000
also I have the hd6950 but not using it.

Case R4

i CANNOT OFFER MONEY ON HERE (even though they didn't say this or show me a rule) So please private message me to dicuss anything outside of tonymac.

I've tried graphic enabler, pcirootuid, -v,-x,-f, etc..

No typo its ram from a macpro system yes 3 x 1b sticks. i did when i could boot into safe mode it then wouldn't boot or it did nothing as I redid this process atleast 20 times. multibeast i did one at a time installs once choosing chimera it didn't boot further just stayed at wheel and apple logo. I'm offering it as for peoples time as this takes alot of time and work from others so either way I'll be contributing to the board I just offered that if they wanted to give it to the board. I see nothing wrong with paying someone to get extensive help as you would to fix anything and i cannot find the answer so i do need help. Also anyone know how to download lion from mac app store I cannot find it there only ML and I need lion install as backup if this doesn't end up working.

(whoever replied with this please post on the thread here or PM me) incase this works or to further diagnose.
Leave the sound for later....

√ boot with -s
√ mount the hard disk with /sbin/mount -uw / (I think it's this command, anyway it shows on the screen)
√ mv /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /
√ Then reboot and check if it panics somewhere else
After looking at the screen shot more, I agree. There's no reason to be using Voodoo until you get the system stable. Follow the advice above to delete the kext and see how it goes on boot.

ya i tried that didnt work screen shot below sorry it's upside down it doesnt allow me to fix it you can download and flip it though

Can't image that Ram will work correctly, if it's out of a Mac it's should EEC and that isn't supported in that board. Additionally, 3-1 gig sticks is really a ghetto config anyway so why not pull 1, look at your manual and choose the suggested slots for dual channel, burn and run an Memtest CD and prove the hardware's OK... And do it quick, can't image this post is going to live very long...

Can't image that Ram will work correctly, if it's out of a Mac it's should EEC and that isn't supported in that board. Additionally, 3-1 gig sticks is really a ghetto config anyway so why not pull 1, look at your manual and choose the suggested slots for dual channel, burn and run an Memtest CD and prove the hardware's OK... And do it quick, can't image this post is going to live very long...

Yea i was thinking the same thing on the third one. and possibly you have a point on the EEC but the indications don't show it's only hardware problem i'll definitely try it. I don't think this will be deleted AS they only did because I offered $50 even though they didnt show any rules of this and i don't believe its not allowed. Truly unprofessional and seems alittle ignorant to not even communicate with me first.

ya i tried that didnt work screen shot below sorry it's upside down it doesnt allow me to fix it you can download and flip it though

You didn't type the command as given.

You typed:

Code:
mv/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

The command given was:

Code:
mv /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /

There is a space after "mv" and there is a space and a "/" at the end

Additionally, 3-1 gig sticks is really a ghetto config anyway so why not pull 1, look at your manual and choose the suggested slots for dual channel

Some boards like my Asus are TRIPLE channel. It has 6 slots and you fill 3 at a time.

I might have missed the / at the end but i got it working only in safemode went to extension folder no voodoo kext in there but being im in safemode is there anyway to figure out exactly what is causing the problem?
You didn't type the command as given.

You typed:

Code:
mv/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

The command given was:

Code:
mv /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext /

There is a space after "mv" and there is a space and a "/" at the end

In every one of the pictures, I'm seeing something to do with audio.

If it were me, I would remove all the audio additions or reinstall without selecting any audio items. Once the system is booting fine, then add in the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back