Graphics
Radeon HD 6880
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So its been a year since I tried this hackintosh business but I've got a running system with a few issues. My build is an ASUS P8P67 mono with an i5-2400 and an ATI Radeon 6870 HD running 4gb of ram for stability purposes. I was running into initial issues with getting lion installed but I overcame them now that the system is up the issue I'm having is accessing the App store. I've read guides dealing with EFI studio and have been able mess around it on earlier builds but now i can't access or at least view the system files. How can I do that? And i'm also having issues where I can only boot from the boot cd without it I get kernel panics when I try and load. I've loaded the latest version of chimera but it just never works for me at any rate. My sound is also having issues it works but I have a lot of static and noise along with it so its basically useless I used the 892 audio kext but it didn't work so I switched to the voodohd kext but never uninstalled the other kext. The sound started working but the other issues popped up. If anyone could assist me with this that'd be great

Have you tried deleting your Extra folder and starting over with Multibeast? Just get it to boot first from the hard drive and then worry about sound. I have a P8P67 as well and the 892 worked for me. If I have a problem booting I just delete the Extra folder, repair permissions, then reinstall Mulitbeast options for booting purposes only. After I get the rig to booting properly then I worry about sound, LAN, etc. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back