Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, today I have a rare problem with my hackintosh. This is not my first one, but I´m with this since 3 days ago, and I´m frustated.
I have a mother Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, with a i7 980, 8 gb de ram DDR3 and SATA III HD 500Gb and a Zotac NVidia 8400GS 512mb DDR2 PCI-e.
I did a clean installation, iBoot+RC 10.6.6 Retail+MultiBeast 3.9.1 with DSDT for my motherb.
After that, I installed the nvidia drivers Retail_256.02.25f1v1.dmg, and eveything seems to be perfect. I have recognition for the 8400GS and full resolution 1680x1060.
The problem is that the system...doesn´t boot !!!. I have kernel panic every single time I restarted... but, when I boot with -v to see where its hangs, the system boot perfect !!!!
Please, I need help. I really don´t have a clue about what is going on !
Thnaks, in advance.

Why don't you put -v as a boot-flag into org.chameleon.boot.plist then? Or do you really need the grey apple boot screen?

And no, I don't have any idea why your boot fails without it. Maybe some of your boot-caches got corrupted, that happens at times, and can have various effects. Best clean your mac with Onyx, and see if that helps, I think. ;)

Hi Guys, and thanks for the answers.
First, just in case, I checked the IDE set on the BIOS, and everything is in ACHI mode, even the eSATA and GSATA.
About the flag with -v, I allready think it, but I really want to know whats going on.
I did 3 clean installations, and I have the same problem...
Any other idea?

Maybe you should try a clean install of osx lion. Now that I think about it im on lion now. I cant remember if I had any problems with snow leopard. I know with lion though a clean install worked 100% after usuing multibeast with dsdt. even got usb 3.0, sound, internet, sleep all working with lion. Even works with an apple magic mouse and apple wireless keyboard using this usb bluetooth: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Bluetooth-V ... 3a6e1e6fb3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back