Graphics
EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,
  • i 'sucessfully' updated to Mac OS Sierra today using Clover.
  • I am able to boot ousing safe mode '-x'.
  • Without safe mode I get a kernel panic relating to DSMOS

Foto 19.12.16, 14 00 36.jpg

I am using the same FakeSMC as with El Capitan for the last year and did no other changes to my setup.
Any ideas on how i can resolve this?

I am using the same FakeSMC as with El Capitan for the last year and did no other changes to my setup.
Any ideas on how i can resolve this?

You could try a newer version of FakeSMC.kext.

You could try a newer version of FakeSMC.kext.

as i can only boot in safe mode i am not able to mount the EFI partition. how can i inject a new FakeSMC.kext from safe mode? is it even possible?

as i can only boot in safe mode i am not able to mount the EFI partition. how can i inject a new FakeSMC.kext from safe mode? is it even possible?
EFI Mounter V3

For Sierra FakeSMC.kext should be installed on the system drive in /Library/Extensions.
Check that you don't have an old version in /System/Library/Extensions.

Last edited:
Sadly not possible to mount with EFI Mounter V3: "Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed"

Sadly not possible to mount with EFI Mounter V3: "Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed"

You can't mount an EFI partition in safe mode. If you can't boot without -x then you will need to find a way to get your hard drive connected to your real Mac, so you can mount it from there and replace the FakeSMC kext.

You can't mount an EFI partition in safe mode. If you can't boot without -x then you will need to find a way to get your hard drive connected to your real Mac, so you can mount it from there and replace the FakeSMC kext.
I also cannot boot with the new FakeSMC from a clover USB. And i managed to load a new FakeSMC to S/L/E and it does not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back