Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I met a guy yesterday who talked to me about about Hackintosh and this forum .I told him that I was pissed off not to be aloud to make evolve my actual Macbook pro (2013/ 2gh I7/8go) and that I was stuck with a lot of CPU issues when I am using logic pro X...and don't want to buy another one even if I am running on MAC for 20 years : too expensive !:silent:
So I am wondering if I can ask you some help....

I need a Hackintosh just to run Logic Pro x and audio plugins (nothing else), I need it to be quite powerful as simple :
-I don't need any wifi connection
-1 or 2 To ssd drive
-4 usb connections
-I am using a external soundcard ( Motu MKIII ultralite)
-Don't need thunderbolt
-Is it still possible to have a firewire connection it ?
-Same thing thing for a CD burner/player
-Just one screen
-Something like 16 gb memory will be great

If I can have a better Hackintosh than my actual Macbookpro for something around 500/700€ it would be awesome !:headbang:

Hi,

I met a guy yesterday who talked to me about about Hackintosh and this forum .I told him that I was pissed off not to be aloud to make evolve my actual Macbook pro (2013/ 2gh I7/8go) and that I was stuck with a lot of CPU issues when I am using logic pro X...and don't want to buy another one even if I am running on MAC for 20 years : too expensive !:silent:

I need a Hackintosh just to run Logic Pro x and audio plugins (nothing else), I need it to be quite powerful as simple :
-1 or 2 To ssd drive
-4 usb connections
-Don't need thunderbolt
-Just one screen

If I can have a better Hackintosh than my actual Macbookpro for something around 500/700€ it would be awesome !:headbang:

Of course its possible.. I run a smoking fast Pro Tools rig that is completely silent (sits in my control room). You can see the parts I used in my profile. The firewire card in the buyers guide works out of the box .. Ram is cheap nowadays and DAW's love ram, so I would stuff it with 32G if you can..

Good luck. :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply ! For sure with 32 gb I will be safe from CPU overloads :crazy:

I checked your profile but I only see 3 components...can you check the list above and tell me what you think about it ?

The processor :
what difference does it makes with or without the ssd bundle ?

The motherboard

Ram : possible to plug 4 ? or this , but I am in EU, I don't know if I can find this easily ..

SSD : this or this ? Is there a cheaper solution for 1 To ?

Power supply : which one ?

Fan/Cpu cooler ?

Firewire card : didn't see in 2015's guide

USB : anything will work ? like that

Did I miss something ?

Hi,

-1 or 2 To ssd drive
-4 usb connections
-Don't need thunderbolt
-Just one screen

If you are okay with going with a desktop computer, Have you considered a used cheese grater mac pro tower? Not to take you away from hackintosh or anything because they are a lot of fun, but and it is a big but; There is a reason that they are still the computer you see in most recording studios to this day. you can get a 2009 or 2010 machine for around $400 USD, That will likely come pretty much stock, however once you upgrade it, you have a machine that takes no messing around to run flawless and runs circles around any other mac(assuming music is a career for you). Also the use DDR3 ECC ram which is incredibly cheap (we are talking 32 GB ram on eBay buy it now any day for like $80 USD) as long as it is a 2009 or newer and you load that ram into it as well as a 1Tb SSD (it will take any regular SATA SSD) you are looking at a great mac for music production for years to come for about $800.

And it meets all of your wants. Enough USB Ports, It has Firewire 800, A DVD drive. They are also extremely quiet. I use one in my recording studio setup.

Thanks for your reply ! For sure with 32 gb I will be safe from CPU overloads :crazy:

I checked your profile but I only see 3 components...can you check the list above and tell me what you think about it ?

The processor :
what difference does it makes with or without the ssd bundle ?

The motherboard

Ram : possible to plug 4 ? or this , but I am in EU, I don't know if I can find this easily ..

SSD : this or this ? Is there a cheaper solution for 1 To ?

Power supply : which one ?

Fan/Cpu cooler ?

Firewire card : didn't see in 2015's guide

USB : anything will work ? like that

Did I miss something ?

However, If you do want to go through with a Hackintosh this is what I would suggest for what you are doing:

CPU: Intel i7 4790
Reason: Because you don't need to overclock for what you are doing so save money by not buying the K version. The 4790 will be more then enough horsepower for music production for years and years.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3
Reason: It is a really good no frills board that is guaranteed to work

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB
Reason: Cheap RAM with fairly good timings

Power Supply: EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W
Reason: A good 80-Plus Certified 500 Watt power supply which is more then enough power for that build being that you are not gaming and have no need for a graphics card

Solid State: Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB
Reason: A very cost effective 1 TB SSD with good read and write speeds

Case: NZXT Source 220
Reason: NZXT makes great cases and are great quality no matter the cost. This is a great modern looking no frills case with a clear side window to show off your system and is very well priced.

Now the Optional Stuff:

DVD Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner
Reason: Cheapest one and they all work

Firewire: SYBA SY-PEX30016
Reason: It has been reported to work out of the box in El Capitan and is priced better then others

The CPU cooler that comes with the i7 4970 will be plenty good enough, and the Motherboard has a lot of USB 3.0 Ports built in.

Hope I've given you a couple things to think about, let me know what you decide to get

Cheers,
Apevia21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back