CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
HD 530, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Samsung monitor (secondary) connected with HDMI, and an AOC monitor (primary) connected with a DVI, both connected to the monitor.
The problem is, when I boot to Catalina with both monitors connected, the primary screen is just black. MacOS detects the display and the monitor detects input, but the screen is fully black.
However, when I boot with only the primary monitor connected, it boots just fine with all input displaying. Then I can connect the secondary display after boot, and they'll work just fine.
Any solution to this? (I don't want to keep replugging my monitors for each boot) (I have full graphics acceleration)

Edit: The desktop will also not shutdown when both monitors are connected after boot, it'll just turn the screens black after i see CPU Halted on the screen, but the fans and hard drives are still spinning. This is not an issue when I only have one monitor connected.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 49
I have a Samsung monitor (secondary) connected with HDMI, and an AOC monitor (primary) connected with a DVI, both connected to the monitor.
The problem is, when I boot to Catalina with both monitors connected, the primary screen is just black. MacOS detects the display and the monitor detects input, but the screen is fully black.
However, when I boot with only the primary monitor connected, it boots just fine with all input displaying. Then I can connect the secondary display after boot, and they'll work just fine.
Any solution to this? (I don't want to keep replugging my monitors for each boot) (I have full graphics acceleration)

Edit: The desktop will also not shutdown when both monitors are connected after boot, it'll just turn the screens black after i see CPU Halted on the screen, but the fans and hard drives are still spinning. This is not an issue when I only have one monitor connected.
may want to use this:
and also check the framebuffer guides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back