Motherboard
10.10.5 on Z77-DSZ77-DS3H
CPU
intel i7 3770 K 3.5ghz
Graphics
Nvidia Geforece GTX 960 4GB Gaming
Mac
  1. iMac
Ive done my digging and havent found a good solution to getting the onboard graphics of the Z77-Ds3H to work.

I have a GTX560 TI 448 installed and its working. well one of the dvi ports works. the other does not, and I cant adjust resolution its fixed at 1920x1080. Id love to have a second display wether from the onboard or the GTX.

But my onboard ports DVI/HDMI/VGA do not do anything. I seem to be hitting a wall here. Any help would be great.

side note: Also doesnt not completely shut down from the OS, thats another can of worms. :banghead:

Are the kexts installed properly? See here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/90962-intel-hd4000-only-one-resolution.html

I found load and shutdown were quicker afterwards.

What CPU is it?

Wait am I just being dumb and trying to run hd4000 graphics along with my GTX card at the same time. You cant do both correct? I see mixed answers when I google it.

Either way I replaced the chameleon plist with that string, and holy boot/shut down speed hackman. Its WAY faster the way id expect a SSD bootdrive to operate.

Other things : I upped the amount of memory to 96mb in my bios, and now both DVI ports on my GTX card function. Not hot swapable but previously only the left port worked.

Also the apple logo on boot changed. It was 2d grey on white classic logo, now its 3d and shaded and sleek. WHY?

Thanks so much for the help, its my first build so im still noob at it, but learning a lot thanks to the community here.
Next task: sleep/wake and full shut down to function. Possibly change the darkwake=0 ?

Check to see what you find in about this mac, system report. I've read you can't run HD4000 with a pci card also.

I'm new to osx too so can't help much more, I would like to know about the 3D logo, sounds nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back