Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
So I have a relatively stable system right now on 10.10.3. I have a couple of annoying issues though. One is that when I wake my system from sleep, the mouse moves but the remaining system appears frozen. Has anyone else dealt with this? Ideas on how to fix it? Also after I inevitably have to manually reset the computer my bios won't recognize my SSD (with the install). The only work around I have then is to boot into bios settings, then exit out, in which case it recognizes it again. Don't know what is going on there either.

Thoughts appreciated as always!

Ben

You probably need a DSDT - See the DSDT database

Thanks for the advice. I actually have made it years without patching my DSDT but I think as you say my system will run much more stably if I finally figure it out. Unfortunately, I have never been able to find a pre-edited DSDT that works with my MOBO. So I have finally been trying to patch my own. I posted a message in the DSDT forum:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/163456-help-dsdt-patching.html

I am hoping someone will be able to help me out.

Thanks!

Ben

I was able to solve a very similar issue (able to move the cursor, system otherwise frozen though not just after waking) by installing running an app called "freeze fix". My conclusion is that this seems to be a problem with the graphics card. Hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back