Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!

Not sure if anyone can help, I've been given a older system (free) that I'm trying to turn into a hack'.
I've been successful before on newer systems, but am having huge problems with this one.

Not sure if its a BIOS issue or other.
I can't even boot up from the USB flash installer I created using Unibeast.

Specs:
Motherboard: SuperMicro Board X7DCA-3
CPU: 2x QuadCore 2.5ghz
RAM: 16gb
Video: NVIDIA Quadro FX5500

I've tried -x -f PCIRootUID=1 and several different OS Installers (Mavericks,Yosemite) - all by follwoing the install guides.
Also searched old forums for anything - without much luck.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi all!

Not sure if anyone can help, I've been given a older system (free) that I'm trying to turn into a hack'.
I've been successful before on newer systems, but am having huge problems with this one.

Not sure if its a BIOS issue or other.
I can't even boot up from the USB flash installer I created using Unibeast.

Specs:
Motherboard: SuperMicro Board X7DCA-3
CPU: 2x QuadCore 2.5ghz
RAM: 16gb
Video: NVIDIA Quadro FX5500

I've tried -x -f PCIRootUID=1 and several different OS Installers (Mavericks,Yosemite) - all by follwoing the install guides.
Also searched old forums for anything - without much luck.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Try with -v -x cpus=1 maxmem=4096
You may also need nv_disable=1 for the GPU

First off - thanks for the reply!

I was able to reformat the USB stick and reinstall Mavericks with UniBeast and it worked.
After installing Mavericks and then using Multibeast, I reboot form the newly created Mavericks HD and it hangs up on "PCI Configuration"

Arg.

I did have to use the flag "npci=0x2000" to get that far however - without it, the system just reboots at that point of the boot sequence. Already checked a ton of forums on the PCI error - with no luck so far.

Here are my current MultiBeast settings (lifted from here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/147019-success-supermicro-x9dai-yosemite.html)
View attachment settings.tiff
Bad Image Link

Ah ha.

Mild Eureka Moement.

I was trying to boot from a USB toaster - seems to have been a problem for some portion of the boot sequence.

Put the HD on eSata, with bootflag npci=0x3000 and voila, working.

Although now the back USB jacks don't work (whcih explains why the USB boot wasn't workin).

Now to fix the rear usb and monitor resolutions!

Wheeee! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back