Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7 4690K
Graphics
Gigabyte 1080 8GB
Hey All,

So my refurbished macbook pro died a while ago (motherboard failure) and it just isn't worth putting any more money into it. I want to take the hard drive, which has Mavericks and all my old stuff on it, and boot it with my current build. Are there are precautions I should take? Would it boot by itself since it's not a clover-based install, or should I try booting it from the clover?

Current build:
Gigabyte z97x gaming 5
i7 4690K
Gigabyte 960 4GB
32GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical

Any tips or pointers to a thread that this has already been covered (I couldn't find it) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Has anyone tried to use a hard drive from a apple computer to boot in a hackintosh? I'm hoping to try this soon and checking that there aren't any problems to watch for beforehand.

Thanks

Has anyone tried to use a hard drive from a apple computer to boot in a hackintosh? I'm hoping to try this soon and checking that there aren't any problems to watch for beforehand.

Thanks

It won't work; the OSX installation from a "real" Mac doesn't have the bootloader and other necessary files for booting on PC hardware. Your best bet is to do a clean install on whatever new system you put together, then use the Migration Assistant to move your applications and files from your old drive.

Thanks for responding! I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back