Contribute
Register

OLD GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GA-X58A-UD5 Rev 2.0 Guide

Everything went smoothly until multibeast. I installed it according to above and get the message The insallation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer.

What do I do now. I installed versions 2.6 and the newest 3.1
same results

notshy said:
johni1cars said:
I will be trying this method this eventing. Here is what I have built.

intel i7 970/gigabyte ga-x58a-ud5/ati radion 5770 hd/wd hard drive/ocz power supply

Is there any prep work before I attempt to reinstall?
How/what is FB?
Do I have to use iboot 2.5 because I only have found the most recent iboot.
Where is Chameleon 2.0 RC5
When is the chameleon cd put in the DVD drive because you ask to remove it in step 5 is it the iboot disk you are describing or the Snow Leopard install disk.
Will I have any problems with my vidoe card?
Sorry in advance if im a noob. I should catch on eventually!!!
Thanks!!!

John

Have a read of TonyMac or Lnx2Mac's install guides:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/perfect-hackintosh.html

Get your BIOS settings right before starting to install OSX.

Things to remember - ACHI for SATA drives / HPET enabled and 64 bit

Also remember that you Snow Leopard boot drive cannot be larger than 1TB - if it is then make a 975GB partition as the first partition.

Use the latest iBoot 2.6
Chameleon is the boot loader that allows OSX to run on your machine
There is no Chameleon CD only the iBoot CD or Snow Leopard DVD - the iBoot CD contains the Chameleon boot loader and you boot using the CD until you have copied/installed Chameleon onto your Snow Leopard drive using MultiBeast
Video card - please select "ATI Experimental" boot loader in MultiBeast when you get that far

I'm still going through the learning curve. I partitioned the hard drive in half 500gb each and I installed the latest version of iboot and version 2.6 of multibeast on my comuter. It didn't work. Mulibeast didn't load properly. I looked over everything more carefully and I relized my mistakes. I will try again this evening and get it right, I hope.

Thanks for your advise.

John

johni1cars said:
I'm still going through the learning curve. I partitioned the hard drive in half 500gb each and I installed the latest version of iboot and version 2.6 of multibeast on my comuter. It didn't work. Mulibeast didn't load properly. I looked over everything more carefully and I relized my mistakes. I will try again this evening and get it right, I hope.

Thanks for your advise.

John

500 is not necessary. I've done 1 TB drive before with 1 partition - no issues. I've done a second install on a second machine with 1 TB drive and had to split it. I split it 950 vs 50 and then hid the 50 drive in OSX using FSTAB edit (I can show you how to do this another time - once OSX is installed)

Thanks for taking an interest in questions notshy,

At the end of the multi beast I received a warning:" The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer. "

Do you think this is why the system gets stuck at the white screen and grey apple with the spinner?

I just made a new copy of iboot at a slower speed and down loaded multibeast and a new copy of the OSX update. I put them on a pen drive. I did notice that if i unzipped multibeast there are two folders one called mulibeast and one called _MACOSX. In both theses folders are different installs of multibeast. Which one should I be using?

One more thing I noticed is if I unzip the multibeast folder onto my desk top and try to copy them to a usb drive I receive a warning that these files will be copied to the usb drive without an encryption. Is that ok or should I be copying the zip file directly onto my usb drive. and unzipping it on the hackintosh computer.

I will be attempting this evening once again.
If it doesn't work I will be trying the -v thing.

John

johni1cars said:
Thanks for taking an interest in questions notshy,

At the end of the multi beast I received a warning:" The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer. "

Do you think this is why the system gets stuck at the white screen and grey apple with the spinner?

I just made a new copy of iboot at a slower speed and down loaded multibeast and a new copy of the OSX update. I put them on a pen drive. I did notice that if i unzipped multibeast there are two folders one called mulibeast and one called _MACOSX. In both theses folders are different installs of multibeast. Which one should I be using?

One more thing I noticed is if I unzip the multibeast folder onto my desk top and try to copy them to a usb drive I receive a warning that these files will be copied to the usb drive without an encryption. Is that ok or should I be copying the zip file directly onto my usb drive. and unzipping it on the hackintosh computer.

I will be attempting this evening once again.
If it doesn't work I will be trying the -v thing.

John

You can copy the files over as the original zip file of MultiBeast and the original dmg of the 10.6.6 combo update because OSX has a built in unzip program and unzipping in windows should be OK but not needed.

MultiBeast should not make that error at the end of install - you should the all OK message at the end.

I don't quite understand the USB stick issue you have. Is it just a FAT or FAT32 formatted USB drive or does it have some encription software on there?

Don't worry about the double folders - the MACOSX one is just a feature of OSX folder structures and they are hidden in OSX but show up in Windows.

Ok, I think I made some progress but I just can't see it.

I did a fresh install. The only thing I did diferently this time is I loaded the multibeast settings one at a time. I couldn't get them to install at the same time as the person earlier in this thread.
1. drivers and bootloaders
2. system utilities
3. user dsdt WOULN'T INSTALL
4. OSX86 Software
5. Easy Beast.

I restarted and it booted off the hard drive.

The fan on the video card is now on full blast with black screen. I guess I need a video driver for the ASUS EAH5770 CUcore 1GB GDDR5
Can someone help with this driver please.

Whats next ???

John

johni1cars said:
Ok, I think I made some progress but I just can't see it.

I did a fresh install. The only thing I did diferently this time is I loaded the multibeast settings one at a time. I couldn't get them to install at the same time as the person earlier in this thread.
1. drivers and bootloaders
2. system utilities
3. user dsdt WOULN'T INSTALL
4. OSX86 Software
5. Easy Beast.

I restarted and it booted off the hard drive.

The fan on the video card is now on full blast with black screen. I guess I need a video driver for the ASUS EAH5770 CUcore 1GB GDDR5
Can someone help with this driver please.

Whats next ???

John

Oooops! Why did you install EastBeast ? That's for non-DSDT systems? Did you download your DSDT for your BIOS version on your motherboard and place the DSDT file on your desktop?

By clicking EasyBeast it will install a bunch of kexts that are not needed if you have a proper DSDT and it's much safer and easier to use a DSDT that MacMac has kindly edited for everyone on the forum.

Restart your machine and head into the BIOS (pressing Del) to find out what BIOS version you have installed for your machine and then make sure that you match that with the DSDT version that you download.

Graphics
The reason you have black screen is that you haven't got your graphics going properly - if you have a 5770 card then please select the ATI Experimental version of Chameleon and make sure that you have a boot.plist version with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (i'd go with 32 bit for the moment until all that is working).

Oooops! Why did you install EastBeast ? That's for non-DSDT systems? Did you download your DSDT for your BIOS version on your motherboard and place the DSDT file on your desktop?

By clicking EasyBeast it will install a bunch of kexts that are not needed if you have a proper DSDT and it's much safer and easier to use a DSDT that MacMac has kindly edited for everyone on the forum.

Restart your machine and head into the BIOS (pressing Del) to find out what BIOS version you have installed for your machine and then make sure that you match that with the DSDT version that you download.

Graphics
The reason you have black screen is that you haven't got your graphics going properly - if you have a 5770 card then please select the ATI Experimental version of Chameleon and make sure that you have a boot.plist version with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (i'd go with 32 bit for the moment until all that is working).

I tried insalling DSDT it wouln't install successfully. All the others did though. I'm such a noob I thought I could compensate for DSDT with easybeast.
In multibeast am I suppose to have a subgroup selection of what I want installed in each of the categories because I don't see that. I know my Bios is FB. But where do I select this category to have these kexts installed. Where do I find the ATI experimental version of Chameleon. Is this an experimental version of iboot? iboot = Chameleon?

I will be try again tonight after the LEAF game.

johni1cars said:
notshy said:

Graphics

I tried insalling DSDT it wouln't install successfully. All the others did though. I'm such a noob I thought I could compensate for DSDT with easybeast.
In multibeast am I suppose to have a subgroup selection of what I want installed in each of the categories because I don't see that. I know my Bios is FB. But where do I select this category to have these kexts installed. Where do I find the ATI experimental version of Chameleon. Is this an experimental version of iboot? iboot = Chameleon?

I will be try again tonight after the LEAF game.

Yes - you can compensate for not having a DSDT by using EasyBeast but it's not recommended given there is a DSDT for your system. Given you've gone to the efforts to buy supported hardware (i7 processor, Gigabyte board with the right chip sets for SATA, audio, LAN,etc) then I think should focus on getting it installed with a DSDT as it will save you a lot of hassles down the line.

Did you download a DSDT file for your motherboard with the FB BIOS and place a copy of the "DSDT_XXXX.aml" file on your desktop before you launched MultiBeast?

If you pick EasyBeast then some extra kexts are automatically picked for you (read the box at the bottom when you highlight EasyBeast). You'll have to remove these manually and I would do that before installing your DSDT. You can always just use iBoot to get into your OSX until you get your DSDT hard drive boot working.

If you download MultiBeast 3.1.0 then the ATI Experimental Bootloader is in there next to the standard bootloader.

Please have a read of the Wiki to get a bit more familiar with OSX terminology. Chameleon is a boot loader software that helps you run OSX using your PC hardware.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php?title=Chameleon
There are different version of Chameleon out there as the developers each try to enhance the functionality. One of the developers Kabyl had written some coding into Chameleon to enable the use of ATI cards without having to install extra kexts (just like most nVidia cards work out of the box - that's because way back some Chameleon developers wrote the coding so that these cards were supported by OSX86). The coding is currently "experimental" as it's his own branch of the coding while it is being tested before it is added to the core coding or "trunk".

MultiBeast installs Chameleon onto your OSX hard drive so that it loads every time that you boot your machine. iBoot contains Chameleon also (usually a slightly more updated version) so that you can get into your machine before installing Chameleon onto your HD. It also means that if you make any errors on your Chameleon install that you can boot from a clean/error free version of Chameleon from the CD.

I hope this clears it up a bit.

Thanks a million,

That just cleared up a ton of my questions. I'm going to do a fresh install again from scratch and get it right this time around.

johni1cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back