Contribute
Register

Ok, I have started to get some success in a roundabout way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-4960X
Graphics
GTX 970 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I was having issues with Clover not seeing the High Sierra installer. I found someone with a Mac on an older OSX and they were on the latest El Capitan. Using their Mac I created a Unibeast installer for 10.12.6 Sierra and using that USB, I can install without any real issue, only having to add the npci=0x2000 boot flag.

Now I have Sierra installed, what is the easiest way to upgrade that to High Sierra? And is there a way to do it and avoid APFS, and what is the benefit of keeping it HFS+?

Cheers! Getting there slowly!

I was having issues with Clover not seeing the High Sierra installer. I found someone with a Mac on an older OSX and they were on the latest El Capitan. Using their Mac I created a Unibeast installer for 10.12.6 Sierra and using that USB, I can install without any real issue, only having to add the npci=0x2000 boot flag.

Now I have Sierra installed, what is the easiest way to upgrade that to High Sierra? And is there a way to do it and avoid APFS, and what is the benefit of keeping it HFS+?

Cheers! Getting there slowly!
download High Sierra, then quit the installer

then in terminal run:
Code:
/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense

more info here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

download High Sierra, then quit the installer

then in terminal run:
Code:
/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO --agreetolicense

more info here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/
Cheers for this. One oddity I have noticed is that my USB 3.0 ports and Firewire (on mobo and a separate third party card) are picked up and recognised but my on-board USB 2 ports are not. Is this common? Is there a fix?

This is like reading hieroglyphics! o_O:crazy:

Is there a briefer description to start to try and get my head around it as trying to dive in to a lengthy and detailed guide with no comprehension of what it is about is rather difficult?
well, you could use the port limit patch but it shouldn't be used for long term use

I am now up to 10.3.2 supplemental update with everything stable and working except for my USB 2 ports. I have attempted to follow the above linked guide, but its very difficult to follow. Anybody able to provide any support to get my USB 2 ports working and understand the guide linked above? When it gets to the IO tool to detect ports, I am totally lost!

well, you could use the port limit patch but it shouldn't be used for long term use
I believe I have tried that but it has made no difference. There are two USB 2 hubs showing up in the system information, but it shows as nothing being connected even though there are, so I'm assuming they're not the 'real' ports showing up?!

Here are some screenshots of where I am up to. All works properly, including triple monitors on a GTX 970, but USB having issues:

IMG_20180121_222808.jpg

IMG_20180121_222816.jpg

IMG_20180121_222841.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back