Contribute
Register

Official HD 4000 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASrock H77M-ITX with 3770 using the embedded graphics. I get screen problem when i power on, that's half black on the bottom and several repetitions of the login screen on the upper half, with a static shake to it.

i have to switch input on monitor and then back again to hdmi input again to get correct screen display.

i'm pretty sure the problem is the distinction between a port and a pipe. a port of the phyiscal connector that something plugs into, but there is also the display pipe that send the signal to it. not all connector types can share a pipe, LVDS has to be on its own for example.

which reminds me, your 06 02 line has the 02 00 00 00 connector type set, which is LVDS, and it should be 00 01 00 00, i think.

i've not yet been able to work out what the codes mean and how/if its possible to assign pipes.

About the connector type, indeed 00 01 00 00 is VGA, I tried that first. When I start the computer with the HDMI-connector disconnected, the VGA-display works okay. But when I plug in the HDMI-connector (in the running computer), the HDMI-monitor shows three small screens in the upper-half of the display. The lower-half is completely black. When I use connector type 02 00 00 00, the VGA-monitor also works okay, but when I now plug in the HDMI-connector, the HDMI-monitor also works okay. So 02 00 00 00 gives the best results so far, but both 00 01 00 00 and 02 00 00 00 have the symptoms I mentioned in my previous post.

Thanks for the hint about the pipes. I think you're right. When I start the computer with both the VGA and HDMI monitors connected, the HDMI monitor works okay, but the VGA screen is garbled. I do see however that the distorted VGA screen is a copy of the HDMI screen, so apparently both monitors are being fed from the same pipe. I have looked at the different connector strings and port/pipe combinations. I can't see a relation (yet) between the strings and the pipes being used or the number of pipes. Maybe there's a relation between the AAPL,ig-platform-id and the number of pipes? I won't give up, there must be a way to specify the pipe for a display.

Thanks for the hint about the pipes. I think you're right. When I start the computer with both the VGA and HDMI monitors connected, the HDMI monitor works okay, but the VGA screen is garbled. I do see however that the distorted VGA screen is a copy of the HDMI screen, so apparently both monitors are being fed from the same pipe. I have looked at the different connector strings and port/pipe combinations. I can't see a relation (yet) between the strings and the pipes being used or the number of pipes. Maybe there's a relation between the AAPL,ig-platform-id and the number of pipes? I won't give up, there must be a way to specify the pipe for a display.

yeah, i get the exact same garbled VGA output but clearly a copy of the other one), since my AIO has embedded displayport and VGA, and thats it.

from what i can tell, the platform id just triggers the matching section on the capri kext. so if that can be worked out or edited to ones needs, then we'd just pick on a platform-id of our choosing and go with it.

right ater the platform id in the kext (say, 05006201) there is another block, (for example, not exact as i dont have it in front of me) 01 02 03 02. i'm quite sure the 02 03 02 represents the pipes, ports and whatever FBmem is thats mentioned in the kext. i could guess that the first byte is for the 32,64,96mb ram, but it doesnt seem to tie up.

but then things like ID 8 and 9, also A and B look the same as each other by all accounts, but they must have some differences, on one i get no VRAM detected.

I'm having trouble with HD4000. When I enable HD4000, any video (itunes, quicktime, video in my web browser, etc) I get a garbled mess like in the picture I've attached. My movies/video look like what's displayed. Everything else, my desktop, browser, etc look just fine. If I use my iPad to share my itunes movies (or even stream the itunes movies NOT using Mirroring) they work fine. It's just video on the computer itself and utilizing Airplay Mirroring. When I disable the HD4000 in my BIOS, video works fine. It's just enabling the HD4000. I've tried both the MacMini settings and the iMac 12,2 settings....no change. What am I missing? Any suggestion as to what I might need to do?

Edit: well, I figured it out. My VRAM was set to 512 MB. Changed it to 64 and that fixed it. Duh.

Attachments

• video.png
    video.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 346
I am having a different graphics problem. Running Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Intel I5 3570K at stock speed, GSkill 8 gb at 1600 MHz, connected to HP 2311x via motherboard DVI. Logitech C615 via USB 3.0 Latest Mac OS X java and Flash player installed, ML 10.8.2, latest Chimera and Multibeast.

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
HP 2311:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: CNT1389P3N
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

My problem is the graphics are just not right. For instance, if I go to Youtube via Firefox, the the player square is a black rectangle with no means to play a video. If i launch instead in Safari, I get to play the video, but it jumps up and down with white bars. If I go to cnn.com to play a video newscast, the portion of the video screen remains black and does not play in Firefox, in Safari, it flickers with white and black. Otherwise, the monitor is perfectly stable when not trying to use video or camera. If I load the Logitech webcam software, I can not see my preview from the camera, but i can take a picture, it does not show on the bar of the app, but can be viewed in Preview. If I go to Facetime, i see the proper video, but as soon as I try to place a call it crashes. Same for photobooth, I can see the display, but the pictures taken do not display after being shot, but are listed as taken.
So, there are these glitches that appear to be related to the graphics board displaying video.
Now, I originally installed my system with an Nvidia GT440 and then removed it and connected the HD4000. The HD4000 display connected with HDMI will not boot, even in safe mode.
If I install the Nvidia GT440, and connect to the DVI, the system boot normally and all programs work properly with the Nvidia card.
So, what are the compatibility problems or things I can do to make the HD4000 fully supported.

Thanks for any help.

I have two different builds, both with CustoMac motherboards (GA-Z77-D3SH and GA-B75M-D3P), both using HD 4000 via DVI. Both builds work great when set at default "Best for Display" max resolution on each monitor.

The problem is when lowering the resolution in System Preferences for a visually impaired user. When switching to 1024x768, it will then only display the garbled, multi-column mess that I've read about in several other posts. Interestingly, if I Sleep the computer with the power button, and then Wake from Sleep, the lower resolution (1024x768) displays perfectly. It's only on cold boots that I get the garbled display.

The garbled display at low resolution behaves identically on two separate and different spec builds, so I'm assuming it's a common HD 4000 issue. I am using MultiBeast 5.0.2, Chimera 1.11.1, and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

What have I missed?? Thank you tonymacx86 forums!!!

I have two different builds, both with CustoMac motherboards (GA-Z77-D3SH and GA-B75M-D3P), both using HD 4000 via DVI. Both builds work great when set at default "Best for Display" max resolution on each monitor.

The problem is when lowering the resolution in System Preferences for a visually impaired user. When switching to 1024x768, it will then only display the garbled, multi-column mess that I've read about in several other posts. Interestingly, if I Sleep the computer with the power button, and then Wake from Sleep, the lower resolution (1024x768) displays perfectly. It's only on cold boots that I get the garbled display.

The garbled display at low resolution behaves identically on two separate and different spec builds, so I'm assuming it's a common HD 4000 issue. I am using MultiBeast 5.0.2, Chimera 1.11.1, and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

What have I missed?? Thank you tonymacx86 forums!!!

Hey, I found I had a simmilar problem when lowering the res to play games. The best solution I found was to plug in or unplug a display. This has allow it to work. Hope that helps
I would love to find out how to fix root cause though

after updating to 10.8.2 the HD4000 on my i5 3570K /H77-DS3H works properly (i.e. has full res, stable graphics) ONLY if I boot with -x. Otherwise I get the half a login page with rapidly vibrating/stripy icons. Starting in safe mode (which doesn't load the HD4000 or audio drivers) gives me nice clear graphics in full resolution (just no audio). This I interpret as meaning that the HD4000Graphics accelerator is not being properly recognised/loaded.

Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm having the same problem and have searched this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back