Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

First of all, I want to thank all of you for this conversation. After reading most of this thread, every major issue I had with this build was resolved. A special thanks goes to toleda for the HDMI audio wonders. If you're using the patched DSDT from the database as included in tonymac's guide, just make sure you're using the bottom port on the board. The top port wasn't working for me, and just swapped it to the bottom and it came back with no issues.

The only part I'm stuck on is the bluetooth portion. I bought the IOGear dongle in the recommended build list, but the built-in bluetooth with the external antenna seems to be working and they were just conflicting with each other it seems like. The only issue is waking the the system from sleep. Anybody have any ideas on this?

EDIT: To clarify, the wake from bluetooth devices under the Advanced bluetooth preferences is not grayed out and is checked. I'm also using the Apple branded wireless keyboard and trackpad.

I'm going to have to explore this issue once again - sleep worked fine for a few weeks, and apparently the several-minutes-wake issue reappeared for some reason 2-3 days ago. Surely I must have changed something, but I can't think of anything at the moment. I was using DSDT to have HDMI audio.

I tried a few different things but in the end, erasing the Extras folders and re-running Multi-Beast with the same options as in post 1 restored correct wake behaviour.

Replaced an AppleTV with this CustomMac Mini 2012 build with the H77, HD4000...and I too am having the HDCP issue.
Worked fine with the same cables, TV, switcher with an AppleTV, so I know my stuff is HDCP compliant. It's something to do with the build.
Tried both DSDT and non. Tried the 32bit trick, no difference.

I'm so close to having a nice HTPC setup....so...close....

Any luck with built in graphics or a card? Suggestions for what cards work?

Thanks!

Replaced an AppleTV with this CustomMac Mini 2012 build with the H77, HD4000...and I too am having the HDCP issue.
Worked fine with the same cables, TV, switcher with an AppleTV, so I know my stuff is HDCP compliant. It's something to do with the build.

Thanks!

Nvidia gt640 OOB

Order placed...thanks!

First of all, I want to thank all of you for this conversation. After reading most of this thread, every major issue I had with this build was resolved. A special thanks goes to toleda for the HDMI audio wonders. If you're using the patched DSDT from the database as included in tonymac's guide, just make sure you're using the bottom port on the board. The top port wasn't working for me, and just swapped it to the bottom and it came back with no issues.

The only part I'm stuck on is the bluetooth portion. I bought the IOGear dongle in the recommended build list, but the built-in bluetooth with the external antenna seems to be working and they were just conflicting with each other it seems like. The only issue is waking the the system from sleep. Anybody have any ideas on this?

EDIT: To clarify, the wake from bluetooth devices under the Advanced bluetooth preferences is not grayed out and is checked. I'm also using the Apple branded wireless keyboard and trackpad.

Perhaps the simplest solution in your case is to remove the mini PCIe card that comes with the board; that card provides the bluetooth support (which you want to replace with your IOGear USB adapter) and Wifi (which does not work on OS X); so it seems you have no use for it.

The bluetooth of the mini PCIe board works great but will not wake up the computer (as far as I know). Is this why you decided to go with the IOGear adapter?

Hi guys i also was having problems with conflicting blutooth..i also bought i iogear bt usb adapter..., i plugged in the antena to the board and the bt works well..., automatic sleep works..only when through the apple menu i select sleep it does not wake up..i then removed the wifi/blutooth internal card and just have the iogear dongle in..its dectected but did not work!!!..also same thing sleep works but when selcted from the apple menu it does not wake up..so i just put the internal card in...its works well enough so im happy!!!:D

I think something changed with the latest iTunes. I could watch iTunes movies without a problem, but now I get HDCP errors.

Thanks!

What system definition are you guys using, to get mine to work in 32bit mode I left my definition as Mac Pro. If i change it it will not work in the itunes store.

I'm having the iTunes HDCP issues too - I've had it with the HD4000 and I'm also getting it with a GT 640 too though the discrete card seems slightly less touchy than the HD4000 was (which wouldn't work for me and gave me HDCP errors constantly, even with 32 bit option on iTunes ticked.)

With the GT 640, I've had some luck by going into Applications, un-ticking the 32 bit option, opening iTunes, playing something (which will fail, either with just audio, a grey and white checkerboard screen, a black screen that won't play anything or the HDCP compliance warning) closing it, re-ticking the 32 bit option and sometimes it will work okay after that point, on other occasions, I've had to pull the HDMI cord out altogether. It's very intermittent and not really a fix; a restart or sleep (which has now started playing up for me) seems to bring the HDCP errors back and I have to repeat the process above.

I've kept my definition as a Mac Pro 3,1 whilst doing this (I had tried Mac Mini and iMac definitions when I was using the HD4000 but they didn't help).

Internal Card reader - CustoMac Mini 2012

Friends, I am looking for a Internal Card Reader for my CustoMac Mini 2012. Looking at several other forums, I found this one from Rosewill.

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-74-In-1-3-5-Inch-Internal-RDCR-11003/dp/B006DKEQL0

However, I am not sure if any of you have tried one particular model that works fine.

Btw, my main need is to read SD card.

Thanks,

ARi

Back