Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

No probs, hope it solves your problem.

Only disable VT-d. Ensure that "Intel Virtualisation Technology (VT-x)" is enabled. VT-d is not used by Parallels nor Fusion.

Hdmi audio - help

I am a beginner and I bought most of my component through the link provided by Tonyx86....from newegg and amazon...to benefit the forum.

I have the basic very version of mini with H77 mother board and i3 processor...like exactly tony mentioned...but without wireless board, because I don't need one.

Everything is working except HDMI Audio. I have gone through the links he provided, read several threads, couldn't get my HDMI audio out working.

Used DST & DST-free installations...mine is ALC892 codec.

I am a beginner..Appreciate your help!!

Thanks,

ARi

Used your hint and it worked!! Many, many thanks!!!

After a clean install I used Neilhart guide to create a bootable fusion drive, and now I have a super fast system!!!

I'll post my build with the appropriate thanks soon!!!

Thanks again!!

Max

See Post #1 of this thread.

Hi Toleda,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I read the #1 post like 100 times so far...to be where I am right now....Perfectly Working Customac Mini 2012 except HDMI Audio....I am really proud of me coming through this far without single question to this forum.

I downloaded the .dml file and put it in my extra folder...this was done after the multibeast installation (because there is no extra folder before multi beast)

It listed SONY HDMI once. I was so happy. But when I restarted, I couldn't see SONY HDMI on my list of "SOUND OUTPUT"

Thanks, Ari

Hey everyone,

Read through as many comments as I could to find my issue and didn't find one specific to what I'm experiencing. I'm guessing I'm missing something very easy to fix.

Have:
H77N-Wifi
i5-3570k
Corsair XMS3 2x4GB
TP-Link add-on wifi card.

Did the Unibeast ML 10.8 install, installed like a charm, booted first time, no issues at all.

However, once I pulled out my bootable flash to and cleaned up the open build and set it back up it wouldn't boot. Gave me a 3-4 lines of numbers followed by a J on a black screen. Booting off the flash again to get access to the newly installed bootable HDD works just fine.

What do I do to make it boot without needing that USB flash drive?

Thanks a bunch.

Download the Chimera install package from the Downloads section of this site and run it. It will update the boot blocks on the disk (by default the one containing the current booted OS, but you can change the Install Location during the install to put the boot blocks onto other disks if you need to).

This isn't for my boot problem is it?

Download the Chimera install package from the Downloads section of this site and run it. It will update the boot blocks on the disk (by default the one containing the current booted OS, but you can change the Install Location during the install to put the boot blocks onto other disks if you need to).

Yes, you run the Chimera installer and it doesn't actually install a "Chimera" application. It installs new boot blocks on that drive.

Of course, you then need to make sure your BIOS is actually trying to boot off that drive...
I have 8+ SATA devices on my workstation/server build and have at times found the BIOS was not trying to boot off the drive I needed it to...

Ran the program and rebooted. Still getting:

>00000080
<00000002
000000C1
*<00064028
J_

And no boot unless I boot off the flash first and then select the boot drive. Then the system works flawlessly.

Thoughts?

Also has anyone posted a mini-tutorial of all the correct bios settings on an H77N-Wifi? I didn't make any changes except making sure ACHI was going instead of IDE and checking the boot order, etc...

Back