Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm somewhat new at the whole 'hackintosh' thing, but I've read enough to feel comfortable. My issue is that after I run multibeast with or without the combo update, I cannot reboot the machine. It sticks at the white apple screen without the spinning circle. I feel that my issue was worthy of a post because I CANNOT get booted into the machine with iBoot after I run multibeast. I have tried starting in safe modes (-x) and misc. other tags (-v, etc) in iBoot, but the machine will never get past the white apple screen after I run multibeast.

I followed this guide:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html
So I'm using easybeast and system utilities, I could not find any DSDT files for my board.

Specs:
ASUS P5B-VM (sata in Enhanced-aka "AHCI" mode, jmicron is disabled, suspend is on s3 only)
I'm using onboard video, but I've tried a pcie GeForce 8500GT and gotten the same results.
4 GB of DDR2 at 800MHZ (I set the speed to 800 in the bios - not auto)
Processor is a Pentium 4
Using usb keyboard and mouse.
I installed osx off a thumb drive
I also disabled the power save options when installing the combo update and multibeast.

Perhaps I need to get rid of this board and find something else, I've seen other people with a p5b-vm with unresolved issues.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks

-Ron

Edit: I should also add that I'm using iBoot legacy, standard iBoot does not let the machine boot.

Update: I tried installing and only applying the combo update, and not multibeast. Same issue, cannot start machine with or without iBoot. Is there a different DSDT installer that I should be using?

your cpu isnt supported.
when you use iboot legacy, mac is running off of a modified kernel on the disc, which has support for unsupported cpu.

when you boot off of the hard drive, you are using the stock kernel, which doesnt support the p4.

so, despite your mobo being supported, you need a core2 based cpu (any intel cpu beginning with an E or Q).
the other option is to find the method to replacing the kernel with the modified one permanently. ive never done that, nor do i want to, so i cant help there

Ah, yes! That makes sense, I guess when I read the guides that were for "Any Intel CPU" I assumed that I was meeting the requirements. I'm planning on acquiring an E6600, so that will hopefully solve my issue.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back