nvidia 650 boost
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Odd issue using unibeast

I have been a long time hackintosh-er but Ive forgotten my old tony mac password... so I had to make a new account.

System specs
I5-2500k
asus p8p67 LE motherboard
geforce gt 9500 graphics
750 gb hdd (what lion runs perfectly on)
128gb ssd (what I want to install m.lion in)

Now the problem that I have. I downloaded M. Lion, and unibeast. I copied the M.lion installer to a safe place, then ran unibeast (m.lion installer was still in /applications)

the uni-beast installer finishes successfully, I eject the drive, and then shut down my lion machine.

I boot back up, from the USB drive, and it goes to the grey screen with the apple logo, the wheel spins for a little while, but then the screen goes blank, and my monitor says that the computer has been dis-connected. the system is still on, the monitor is still connected, but my system doesn't put out graphics...

Any clue what i've missed? thanks!

I have been a long time hackintosh-er but Ive forgotten my old tony mac password... so I had to make a new account.

System specs
I5-2500k
asus p8p67 LE motherboard
geforce gt 9500 graphics
750 gb hdd (what lion runs perfectly on)
128gb ssd (what I want to install m.lion in)

Now the problem that I have. I downloaded M. Lion, and unibeast. I copied the M.lion installer to a safe place, then ran unibeast (m.lion installer was still in /applications)

the uni-beast installer finishes successfully, I eject the drive, and then shut down my lion machine.

I boot back up, from the USB drive, and it goes to the grey screen with the apple logo, the wheel spins for a little while, but then the screen goes blank, and my monitor says that the computer has been dis-connected. the system is still on, the monitor is still connected, but my system doesn't put out graphics...

Any clue what i've missed? thanks!

try typing
PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
before clicking on USB to start installation

if that doesnt work try adding -x for safe mode or -v for verbose mode so you can see what is stoppint the install....

But with black screen I'll bet my first suggestion will work.

no, unfortunately that didn't work, anyone else have ideas? :banghead:

I have a mac book running m.lion...

if I installed a boot loader on the SSD I want to put m.lion on alone, then, then copied the mac book drive to the m.lion SSD, would that work? then I could just create a new account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back