Contribute
Register

Odd GT 430 Behavior (Not "Fermi Freeze")

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 4670K @ 4Ghz
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so, up untill a few days ago, i was using a 18.5" AOC monitor, VGA only. My GT 430 ran it flawlessly, no issues when using the 10.6.7 Quadro Drivers.

Heres the weird thing. I got ahold of an Acer 20" screen, DVI/VGA compatible. If i use the DVI port for it + the VGA for the 18.5", ONLY the 20" will operate.

So, i tried using VGA/VGA 20" / 18.5". NEITHER screen works with this config. the 20" Gets a translucent blue screen, but the second screen is just solid blue, or black.

When i tried using the same various configs with 10.6.8, and its recent Quadro drivers, i get NOTHING. cant safe boot, cant use any flags whatsoever. Either the system hangs at a timeout for nullpowermanagement, or it just flat out locks up.

This is regardless of which monitor is connected, and to what port. The system now detests the card, and refuses to boot to the desktop.

Any suggestions? I've already tried using / deleting NVEnabler ( usually it just gives the identifier to OS X, or it fails. Very random it seems.)

Once your computer loads and you get a blue screen wait until it sleeps, then wake it up and see if you get your desktop back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back