Graphics
Asus R9 280x 3GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone, I am running a setup with an SSD with Sierra and a normal HD with Windows 10. Everything works decently but I am experiencing occasionally a freeze during boot, stopping at this screen. Previous times I was able to resolve it by playing a bit with Data cables, unplugging and replugging the two drives with no particular criteria. I would like it to stop happen though. Can someone help me figure it out?

Attachments

• 1491375571352207857672.jpg
    1491375571352207857672.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
Additional info: sometimes it is fixed by removing USB devices connected to the USB ports.

No one can help?

have you tried to load optimized defaults in your bios as described in the installation guide?

Could not find the "load optimized default" command. Checked the other values and they are okay except for VT-d which is enabled and greyed out, so I cannot disable it.

Cant anyone help? It's still happening randomly and even if I disconnect both os drives from sata I still get the same screen and can't even access bios options. Usually disconnecting sata cables and then reconnecting them several times worked but not this time.
Also it appears that when "stuck" in this limbo, hard drive containing Windows is not spinning at start up. When it starts booting again I can hear it clearly . Maybe some power-relates thing?

Last edited:
have you set the bios settings as shown in the guide ? first load the 'óptimizad defoults is in the save and exit tab then set the bios setting like hands off enabled superIO ecc

Done this already, nothing changed. Basically sometimes it boots normally to Clover (for mac os) and f12 works and i can select Windows bootloader (for windows10), other times it just freezes on the screen I posted and I can't do either of them

Done this already, nothing changed. Basically sometimes it boots normally to Clover (for mac os) and f12 works and i can select Windows bootloader (for windows10), other times it just freezes on the screen I posted and I can't do either of them
have you try to reset BIOS? it worked to me when i had BIOS problems like i can't access bios anymore you just need to unplug the battery on the MOBO when you boot again it will show a message like: The BIOS HAS been reset and you have to do again the bios settings

Hello everyone, I am running a setup with an SSD with Sierra and a normal HD with Windows 10. Everything works decently but I am experiencing occasionally a freeze during boot, stopping at this screen. Previous times I was able to resolve it by playing a bit with Data cables, unplugging and replugging the two drives with no particular criteria. I would like it to stop happen though. Can someone help me figure it out?

Could be a SMART problem with one of your drives. Have you tried unplugging all drives leaving Boot Drive connected? Try turning off SMART in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back