Dell Optiplex 9020
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Everyone,

Ive had a perfectly running Hack for months now, even upgraded to 10.6.8 flawlessly, however, I have had a slightly annoying problem since day 1 and not sure how to fix it, When I search for screen flicker I find that it is happening pretty much constantly to the affected people. I have a bit of a different thing going on, it happens maybe once every time I use the computer, just a quick "flash" once in a while on the screen then gone, however, sometimes this flash "sticks" and the whole screen goes snowy, like an off tuned tv channel. I can fix this by shutting the monitor off and back on again, however, I know it's not a monitor problem because when the snow is on the screen I can bring up the onscreen menu and it looks normal with the snow remaining in the background. I should also add that I used this monitor with a non hack build and never had a problem. Video card is the Sapphire gddr5 512mb HD5670. If you need any more info, Ill be glad to provide.

I'm interested on an answer for this one also.

I think I have the same problem. Mine starts with the screen flickering black. Then after a few mins it gets stuck at black for a good 10 secs or so then comes back with that snowy image.

I noticed that this always happen on first boot (when I shutdown/restart pc). It never happens when waking it from sleep, so my current "fix" is, whenever I reboot my pc, I put it back to sleep once I get on the login screen and wake it up again. Flicker never comes back after waking.

/edit: I also have a 5670, a gigabyte one. Mine's a new install, around 2 weeks old. 10.6.8

I also have the same issue. If I move a window around quickly the whole screen flashes for a split second with white noise. This started after 10.6.8 install (which forced me to switch from display port to DVI) and the issue persists in Lion 10.7 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back