CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Segoe UI, Arial, freesans, sans-serif]When no sound has been playing for a little while, sometimes a crackling sound is heard in the beginning of the sound played. Primarily happens with email dings, facebook sounds etc. It sounds as if the speaker is flipped on for the sound. Sounds occurring right after are not affected. It only seems to happen for new sounds when things have been silent for a while. Never any issues with crackling sounds playing Spotify, Youtube etc. Only occasional for sporadic notification sounds.

Using audio_realtekALC on 1150 at a Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5. Using Codec commander to fix sound after sleep. Don't know if it relates to the audio driver, the codec commander or something else. Anyone ever had this problem?
[/FONT]

Hello Tigersoul,

I have exactly the same issue with my build but not found any solution for now.

I think the solution is on the clover side because with some tests, this sound issue is now there when I boot with clover on my old disk (snow leopard) with the same build.
Before that, when I was using chameleon, it was not the case.

++

Sorry I forgot about this post. I've since solved this mystery. It's due to the fact that osx turns off the audio hardware when inactive to save energy. When this is put back on, there's a pop in the sound that triggers this wakeup. Setting pro 3,1 fixes this but also causes issues for many modern computers. The fix for me was doing this:

Download this app: http://www.soma-zone.com/LaunchControl/

Start it up, and create a new job "local.antipop". Set the job to start every 25th second and point it to this script, saved where you feel is appropriate:

antipop.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
say " "

chmod +x antipop.sh after saving.

Reboot to activate.

After doing this the pops are history. Only pops left are at first bootup when audio is initialized and for some during wakeup. Happy fixing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back