Intel i5 IB 3570K 4.4GHz
Graphics
HD4000 Onboard
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

After successfully finishing my new hackintosh (with several hours banging my head of the wall) I have decided to step it up a notch and overclock the CPU, following a guide I found on here for Basic overclocking for Ivy Bridge Z77 I ran into a problem, the instructions required me to increase the turbo boost aswell as increasing the Vcore. The big problem I face is there is no vcore adjustment in the bios for the board I have.

I have found somewhat of a work around by increasing the cpu ratio and have got a stable 4.4GHz clock speed reaching a max temp of 70oC under full load with Prime95. I currently have an Evo 212 with a push pull setup and two case fans for intake and exhaust, my plan is to beef these fans up and take it further but im unsure as to whether my workaround for increasing clock speed is a safe and viable option.

Can anyone give me feedback on this? Thanks in advance

P.S I will be posting my install with the listed hardware as I found after following every matching guide I had to make a few changes of my own. Hope to give back what I take out in doing so.

Hello all,

After successfully finishing my new hackintosh (with several hours banging my head of the wall) I have decided to step it up a notch and overclock the CPU, following a guide I found on here for Basic overclocking for Ivy Bridge Z77 I ran into a problem, the instructions required me to increase the turbo boost aswell as increasing the Vcore. The big problem I face is there is no vcore adjustment in the bios for the board I have.

I have found somewhat of a work around by increasing the cpu ratio and have got a stable 4.4GHz clock speed reaching a max temp of 70oC under full load with Prime95. I currently have an Evo 212 with a push pull setup and two case fans for intake and exhaust, my plan is to beef these fans up and take it further but im unsure as to whether my workaround for increasing clock speed is a safe and viable option.

Can anyone give me feedback on this? Thanks in advance

P.S I will be posting my install with the listed hardware as I found after following every matching guide I had to make a few changes of my own. Hope to give back what I take out in doing so.

Did you use an SSDT.aml ? Since you have an ivy bridge cpu, I'm assuming not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back