Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi. I'm updating from OC 0.6.6 to OC 0.6.8. I ran the OC Config Compare against the Sample, and found that I'm in good shape, except for one difference:

config.plist -> DeviceProperties -> Add - Missing Key: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)

Do I truly need to add this? Or if I've been running fine without it, can I skip it? Asking before I reboot! Thanks!

Screenshot below explains what this key does. No it is not essential to your system booting.

Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 15.52.11.png

You probably already have the boot argument in your config, so this can be difference can be ignored.

Last edited:
One more question. I've completed the update to 0.6.8, but on reboot this message flashes by VERY quickly at the Gigabyte screen. The computer boots okay... but I want to make sure it's not an issue I need to address:

OCS: No schema for KeyMergeThreshold at 2 index, context <Input>! OCS: No schema for AppleEvent at 3 index, context <Protocol Overrides>!

OCS: No schema for KeyMergeThreshold at 2 index, context <Input>! OCS: No schema for AppleEvent at 3 index, context <Protocol Overrides>!

Each line relates to an error in your config.plist.
The online Sanity Checker should help you to identify and correct them.
Your config.plist is crafted for a specific version of OpenCore, ensure that all of the OpenCore files match that same version.

Each line relates to an error in your config.plist.
The online Sanity Checker should help you to identify and correct them.
Your config.plist is crafted for a specific version of OpenCore, ensure that all of the OpenCore files match that same version.
Thank you, sir. I did do that, but the Sanity Checker only seems to go up to 0.6.6?

the Sanity Checker only seems to go up to 0.6.6?
You can compare your config.plist with the sample provided with whichever version of OpenCore you have.
You could read the change log.
You could use the ocvalidate utility provided with OpenCore.

You can compare your config.plist with the sample provided with whichever version of OpenCore you have.
You could read the change log.
You could use the ocvalidate utility provided with OpenCore.
Thank you so much. I didn't even know about ocvalidate. That's awesome. Up and running on O.6.8, with no error messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back