Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LG gram 17 17Z990-R.AAS8U1
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620, 2560x1600
Hi guys, recently I moved my LG 17 Gram 17x990 laptop from oc 0.6.3 to the latest 0.7.6 and faced with a problem. I can't boot without verbose mode (-v boot args) Without it the system just hangs with the slider somewhere in the middle. I suspect, that the reason of this problem is incorrect booter configuration. In the past I was struggling with aptiofix of different flavours and beginning from Catalina I moved to oc from clover as clover that time refused to boot catalina from apfs drive while oc was able to boot it. However, the boot process has never been stable, On my last oc 0.6.3 with macos 11.6 I have 1 hang out of 10-15 boot attempts. After successful boot everything works fine. No crashes, all the devices, sleep and wake-up work just fine. I think that I have to use booter MmioWhitelist as is recommended in oc ref. manual, but I have no idea how to create a right one in my case. I attached the oc folder structure along with the ioreg snapshot. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.17Z990.ioreg.zip
    835.7 KB · Views: 40
  • OC.17z990.zip
    28 MB · Views: 36
Hi guys, recently I moved my LG 17 Gram 17x990 laptop from oc 0.6.3 to the latest 0.7.6 and faced with a problem. I can't boot without verbose mode (-v boot args) Without it the system just hangs with the slider somewhere in the middle. I suspect, that the reason of this problem is incorrect booter configuration. In the past I was struggling with aptiofix of different flavours and beginning from Catalina I moved to oc from clover as clover that time refused to boot catalina from apfs drive while oc was able to boot it. However, the boot process has never been stable, On my last oc 0.6.3 with macos 11.6 I have 1 hang out of 10-15 boot attempts. After successful boot everything works fine. No crashes, all the devices, sleep and wake-up work just fine. I think that I have to use booter MmioWhitelist as is recommended in oc ref. manual, but I have no idea how to create a right one in my case. I attached the oc folder structure along with the ioreg snapshot. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
After updating to Monteray 12.1 can again boot without verbose mode. However I believe, the problem is still there, just doesn't expose itself at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back