Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Would anybody be able to share efi for my setup? I have had no luck upgrading my current version.... Thanks in advance.

Would anybody be able to share efi for my setup? I have had no luck upgrading my current version.... Thanks in advance.
sure there are threads with the same setup as yours you can search for...

Attached OpenCore 0.7.7 EFI for my computer at left with blank Generic data in the config.plist/Platforminfo/Generic section. You fill in. Also with the following changes: I use a dGPU (RX580), so I edited this EFI to change config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add/second item to an appropriate argument "07009B3E" for an Intel integrated graphics processor. If it does not work, try instead "00009B3E". Numbers are from the Guide.

[Edit, hang on, I made an error...] ... okay, fixed. I left my SMBIOS (iMac19,1) in place, but you have an 17 8700 and maybe you will need iMac18,3; not sure.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Thanks I appreciate the help.

Same issue, I get a black screen after I select it when booting off my usb stick..

Same issue, I get a black screen after I select it when booting off my usb stick..
Did you try both of the numbers in the argument section of the config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add/(second item) that I listed in post #3 above? If 070093BE doesn't work, try 000093BE... ? (Remember to save the config.plist after you change the number.)

Did you try both of the numbers in the argument section of the config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add/(second item) that I listed in post #3 above? If 070093BE doesn't work, try 000093BE... ? (Remember to save the config.plist after you change the number.)
Yes I tried both numbers. I just can't seem to get the newer version to work...

Hi,
I'm trying your EFI folder, but I just get a white apple logo when booting. Maybe some bios settings ?
thanks

@gt306
There are many GitHub sites to help you, try
About @wstrohm EFI, I think it's missing some properties in the iGPU settings, try his EFI with the attached config.plist, changes are the iGPU properties (plus igfxonln=1 in boot-args) and iMac19,2 SMBIOS.
Remember to try AAPL,ig-platform-id=070093BE if 00009B3E doesn't work.

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.1 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back