Motherboard
ASUSPRO P2530UA (OpenCore)
CPU
i3 6006U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to upgrade my current system with OpenCore 0.7.4 and Catalina 10.15.7 to Big Sur, but when I reboot the first time and start the installation in the OpenCore boot menu, the installation crash with this error:

IMG_20211110_222726.jpg

Can anyone explain to me what the problem is?

I updated OC and Kext, is there something wrong with my config.plist?

Thanks for your help ;)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.8 MB · Views: 44
  • opencore-2021-11-10-215836.txt
    256 KB · Views: 37
I am trying to upgrade my current system with OpenCore 0.7.4 and Catalina 10.15.7 to Big Sur, but when I reboot the first time and start the installation in the OpenCore boot menu, the installation crash with this error:

View attachment 533903

Can anyone explain to me what the problem is?

I updated OC and Kext, is there something wrong with my config.plist?

Thanks for your help ;)
you probably don't need all those kexts

check the guide in my signature

also XhciPortLimit is broken in Big Sur and should be disabled

Is there a way to know which ketxs are actually in use by the system?
Via HackingTool those shown?
Because I wanted to thin them out but they are the result of tests after tests to be able to get the system going ... now I don't know exactly which ones to remove :D

Is there a way to know which ketxs are actually in use by the system?
Via HackingTool those shown?
Because I wanted to thin them out but they are the result of tests after tests to be able to get the system going ... now I don't know exactly which ones to remove :D
you will have to find out :)

you only need the ones that are needed for your hardware

ie use the one VoodooInput from VoodooPS2Controller.kext (or VoodooI2C) remove VoodooInput.kext

not sure why you have SMCDellSensors.kext, do you have a Dell laptop?

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext odd to use if you are already using VoodooPS2Controller or is it the other way round?

read up on the VoodooI2C github, you shouldn't be using all those satellite kexts either

you have intel wireless and also trying to load IO80211Family.kext and also trying AtherosWiFiInjector.kext ?

you will have to find out :)

you only need the ones that are needed for your hardware

ok, this is the answer I didn't want to hear :D
I just made a lot of changes to my EFI and just as many reboots to test

ie use the one VoodooInput from VoodooPS2Controller.kext (or VoodooI2C) remove VoodooInput.kext

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between this ketx, but I can't find a page / document where they explain it.
I added them following a guide, probably the official OpenCore.

not sure why you have SMCDellSensors.kext, do you have a Dell laptop?

No, I have an ASUS laptop, I'm trying to remember why I added this kext, maybe following a guide

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext odd to use if you are already using VoodooPS2Controller or is it the other way round?

If I remember correctly I had added this kext because my trackpad was no longer working after updating to OC 0.7.4.

you have intel wireless and also trying to load IO80211Family.kext and also trying AtherosWiFiInjector.kext ?

I have an Atheros WiFi, but it doesn't actually work.

Ok I try to fix the kext folder with only the necessary ones step by step and after XhciPortLimit.
But do you think this is the main reason why the installation does not start?

ok, this is the answer I didn't want to hear :D
I just made a lot of changes to my EFI and just as many reboots to test

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between this ketx, but I can't find a page / document where they explain it.
I added them following a guide, probably the official OpenCore.

No, I have an ASUS laptop, I'm trying to remember why I added this kext, maybe following a guide

If I remember correctly I had added this kext because my trackpad was no longer working after updating to OC 0.7.4.

I have an Atheros WiFi, but it doesn't actually work.

Ok I try to fix the kext folder with only the necessary ones step by step and after XhciPortLimit.
But do you think this is the main reason why the installation does not start?
you will find out when you sort your kexts out

:D
Schermata 2021-11-12 alle 08.01.52.png

I optimized my kexts folder, removing any kext that didn't seem useful to my system. After that I mapped my USB ports.

The installation took some time, after a few restarts and updates it now works :thumbup:

Thanks for your help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back