Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z370N WIFI
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
RX 580
Hey there. I'm looking for some advice please. I've just put Big Sur on a Lenovo m39p tiny (haswell) using opencore 0.6.7, and it's all working fine apart from shutdown. It gets so far, and then the power light remains on, the CPU fan is still spinning and it warms up a lot if left that way. I either have to pull the plug, or hold the power button to fully power it off. I've mapped my USB ports, and tried the "Fixing Shutdown/Restart", under "USB Fixes" from the OpenCore documentation, and this did seem to fix it but now it's back. I recently swapped a USB wifi dongle for an internal PCI-E wifi card (BCM94352HMB), which works great. Then I noticed my shutdown problem was back. But no matter what I've tried I can't fix it now. I've redone the USB port mapping (several times and several ways), but no luck. Does anyone have any advice on what it could be, and what to try next please?

Forgot to say, sleep/wake and restart and fine. When I sleep it, it powers down and the CPI fan stops spinning, then when I hit a key it comes back to life. It's just shutdown. My USB keyboard and mouse seem to power off it's just the motherboard that's still powered on.

Did you reconfigure your USB Configuration when you added the new WiFi/BT card and removed the USB dongle?

As the Bluetooth side of the new card will require a USB port to be active for it to work in macOS and/or Windows.

Did you reconfigure your USB Configuration when you added the new WiFi/BT card and removed the USB dongle?

As the Bluetooth side of the new card will require a USB port to be active for it to work in macOS and/or Windows.
Yes I removed my usb kext, put the usbinjectall kext back and enabled the port limit. Used hackintool to identify the hs and ss ports and then created a new usb kext. Finally I removed the usbinjectall kext and port limit setting, and put my new usb kext in. Did I miss something?

Last edited:
I don't know, it sound about right. But sounds right and being right, can be two different things.

Post a copy of the USBPorts.kext you are using. so I can run my eye over it to see if anything stands out as needing attention.

Alternatively post a screenshot of the Hackintool USB tab, with just your active ports shown.

Hi Edhawk,

Thanks for helping. Here's my Hackintool screenshot, and my USBPorts.kext.

hackintool.png

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 68
First I would check the spelling of the rename patches, as the correct spelling is EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02.

I would also check the the 'Change XHCI to XHC' rename patch is present in the config.plist.

I think if you check and change the spelling of the controller names in your config.plist, your Hackintool USB screenshot would not contain the duplicate EHC1/EH01 and EHC2/EH02 Hubs and ports.

You need to look at the USB connector types you have allocated to the EH01 and EH02 ports, they may be connected to 'Internal' Hubs, but that doesn't mean they should be referenced as 'Internal'. That is usually how motherboard header ports are referenced.

XHC HS06, if the Bluetooth connection is via an external USB dongle is probably not an 'Internal' connector type. I am not sure the Mouse connector type is correct either.

From what I have seen your Lenovo M93 Tiny (Haswell) system has the following USB ports:
  • 2 x USB3 - front
  • 3 x USB3 or 3 x USB2 ports - rear (depending on model)
From the images I have seen of this system it doesn't appear to contain any Internal USB header ports on the motherboard.

Which gives a total of 5 physical ports and between 7 and 10 virtual USB ports, by my count (5 x USB3 and 5 x USB2).

I think if you deleted all the EHC1, EHC2, EH01 and EH02 ports you would still have at least one port too many. As you have 11 XHC ports shown on the Hackintool USB window.

I can't stress enough how important it is to have the correct connector type for each USB port. If the connector types are wrong, your USB Configuration will not work as expected. Sleep/wake issues etc will be common place.

Hi Edhawk,

Sorry the EHC1 thing was just a typo. I've just ticked the patches in OpenCore Configurator.

HS06 is the internal PCI-E slot where my WIFI/Bluetooth card is.

I have 5 USB ports, 2 at the front and 3 at the back. All seem to be USB 3.0. Should the HS ports be a connector type of USB2, and the SS ports be USB3?

Ok rename patches are set correctly.

Just to confirm.
The USB2 ports (HSxx) from the USB3 physical ports should be set with the connector type USB3. To match the Parent (USB3) port type.

So if all five external ports are USB3, all the ports (10 in total) from these five physical ports need to be set with the same USB3 connector type.

HS06 should have the ‘Internal’ connector type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back