Contribute
Register

[OBSOLETE] Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 Guide

I’ve been using this method to enable both my GTX 480s in 10.6.8 and 10.7.0. With 10.7.3, using the device-properties results in loss of display output on boot after the Apple logo. Any ideas? It is working with GraphicsEnabler with a single card. How was the plist with the GPU’s properties produced in the first place? Maybe they need updated.

Edit: I actually just found a solution to getting both cards working in 10.7.3. In the plist under device_type, I had to set the first card as NVDA,Parent and the second as NVDA,Child. Both cards now working in OS X!

Edit:

Okay, I've fixed my problem. When following the instructions above, make sure you're editing the device_properties of the very lowest entry for that card. Leave the top ones as display. The one you're changing is the one that says NVDA,Geforce or something like that to NVDA,Parent and NVDA,Child respectively.

Can anyone help me here please???

I installed a second GTX 560 Ti and OSX won't boot it stops after FakeSMC is loaded. I don't get a KP or something, it just hangs. The hard drive light won't turn on so there's no reading during boot.

I tried the plist edits and then converting them to EFI strings and no luck. The same thing happens. It's like a pause on boot.

I can even boot with only one card on the second slot. Even HDMI audio works (I have edted my DSDT to do that).

I only need to boot to osx because I only use one monitor. I don't care if the second card is not loaded. I'm fine with a single 560Ti because I play games on windows with SLI.

Can anyone provide to do the hack with DSDT instead of EFI strings?? I already have my DSDT edited to allow HDMI audio but not all the card details are loaded, onlt the HDAU device and the card's path.

My specs are on my signature.

Anyone?

Cheers!

Do you have a guide for dual 580 GTX's?

dingofishes said:
Edit:

Okay, I've fixed my problem. When following the instructions above, make sure you're editing the device_properties of the very lowest entry for that card. Leave the top ones as display. The one you're changing is the one that says NVDA,Geforce or something like that to NVDA,Parent and NVDA,Child respectively.

THANK YOU! Many months later I get my system up and running thanks to this fact that I was missing when I tried running 470 in SLI last year.

Alfa147x said:
Just got my 2nd 460 1gb GTX in

Wish me luck.

Thanks guys!

Hey man, I see you have successfully installed MAC OSX with Dual cards, but how was the installation steps? did you install the OS with one card first? or both?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back