CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 x2 SLI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just managed to install high Sierra. Multi beast wouldn't recognise the APFS drive so I couldn't boot from SDD. I managed to mount the USB efi and the SSD efi. Copied USB efi to SSD efi which allowed me to boot from SSD.

Finally my remaining issues are Nvidia web driver for gtx 1080 won't activate. I installed the newest web driver and activated it which asked for a restart. After I restarted the Nvidia settings menu still had OS X Default Graphics Driver still ticked. It seems that the NVRAM won't update on restart.

Also, my alc1150 won't work. I loaded the realtekALC.kext into clovers kext folder, which resulted in no change. Still couldn't see any audio devices.

I just managed to install high Sierra. Multi beast wouldn't recognise the APFS drive so I couldn't boot from SDD. I managed to mount the USB efi and the SSD efi. Copied USB efi to SSD efi which allowed me to boot from SSD.

Finally my remaining issues are Nvidia web driver for gtx 1080 won't activate. I installed the newest web driver and activated it which asked for a restart. After I restarted the Nvidia settings menu still had OS X Default Graphics Driver still ticked. It seems that the NVRAM won't update on restart.

Also, my alc1150 won't work. I loaded the realtekALC.kext into clovers kext folder, which resulted in no change. Still couldn't see any audio devices.

• Asking us questions without uploading your Screen shots is like asking us to throw darts at the target you're holding keeping us all 'blind folded'.
  • If you don't want to share your screen shots and "CLOVER" folder from the System Disk compressed as a File to this Forum and not anywhere else for your graphics troubleshoot, then read and follow https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-1-378-10-10-10-20.236101/
  • For your Audio Troubleshoot you may check this Post for some tips#28

Hey ur right I should've uploaded pics. Again I'm new to this and am not sure what helps the most.

I figured out that i was using an old version of multi beast for high sierra. So i upgraded to version 10 which recognised AFPS drives and allowed me to install "Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM" which fixed the Nvidia web driver activation problem. I also added alc1150 in the multicast drivers page which fixed the audio.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Hey ur right I should've uploaded pics. Again I'm new to this and am not sure what helps the most.

I figured out that i was using an old version of multi beast for high sierra. So i upgraded to version 10 which recognised AFPS drives and allowed me to install "Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM" which fixed the Nvidia web driver activation problem. I also added alc1150 in the multicast drivers page which fixed the audio.

Thanks for your help anyways.
Glad you solved the problem explaining how. Congratulations:clap:.
To make your post useful to others , please edit the title of your post with a Prefix [SOLVED] . Others searching for answers to the same or similar problem can then find your post as a resource to solve their's too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back