Contribute
Register

NVRAM for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder if the method we had before works? Where you would install clover to a usb pen drive, boot from it and sign in to iMessage and after that continue using chimera? As long as we don't sing out of iMessage it would remained signed in.

Has anyone tested this method?

I just wonder if the method we had before works? Where you would install clover to a usb pen drive, boot from it and sign in to iMessage and after that continue using chimera? As long as we don't sing out of iMessage it would remained signed in.

Has anyone tested this method?
Worth a try I guess, I would try but I only have one installer and I don't feel like breaking this install just yet :p

Worth a try I guess, I would try but I only have one installer and I don't feel like breaking this install just yet :p

There was a thread explaining how to do it but I can't find it. I would give it a go. What i don't know is if iMessage will still remain signed after reboot. It would be nice though. I find it strange that no one suggested it, making me think that it won't work.

There was a thread explaining how to do it but I can't find it. I would give it a go. What i don't know is if iMessage will still remain signed after reboot. It would be nice though. I find it strange that no one suggested it, making me think that it won't work.
Well in the end the ultimate solution is to wait for NVRAM.kext to get updated and implemented into UniBeast/MultiBeast.

Reading from How to Fix iMessage: "As stated in the guide and in multiple posts over the last few pages, if your not running Clover you wont be able to use iMessage in OSX 10.10, your just going to have to bite the bullet and make the leap ..."

I followed
jaymonkey's clover hybrid guide inside the "How to Fix iMessage" and the tonymac Mav-Clover-USB install guide but skipped to Stage4. Do exactly what it says and you'll be working like I am now currently. Not all familiar with clover but its working its way into my brain.

Instead of getting the iMessage network/sign in/blah blah stuff I now have the Call Customer Support with that code and will be receiving a call from them today I hope. For anyone who didn't read anything, if you get to the stage of call customer, don't use the option if gives. Go to apple support online in steps from the guide from jay monkey.

You would need to make sure that the system information matches between the two I believe. The USB link is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

I'm running with Clover and received the "Call Apple" message when trying to activate iMessage. Is there any other way around this? I attempted to setup a call to support, but they're asking for the serial number of my "iMac" which I obviously don't have except for the B.S. one that Clover made up for me.

I'm running with Clover and received the "Call Apple" message when trying to activate iMessage. Is there any other way around this? I attempted to setup a call to support, but they're asking for the serial number of my "iMac" which I obviously don't have except for the B.S. one that Clover made up for me.

I've seen a couple of people mention that there's an alternate number where they don't ask for your serial number.

FWIW, I called and gave them my "serial number" which was actually 1 character short. The representative was very helpful and she went ahead and activated it anyway.

Sounds like a false alarm, it didn't make much sense anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back