Contribute
Register

NVRAM for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the posts in this tread are kind of making me wonder more about something. I used both chameleon on 1 test build and then clover to work around some issues I had in another test build one the same hardware. In clover I was able to create (using the clover wizard and some random values supplied by their random buttons) a serial number. So I have the iMac 14.2 and matching serial number that was randomized. Also have the STB and Rom with Rom containing my ethernet mac address numbers. I thought I was good to go when iMessage logged in. But it logged out and gave me the customer code before I could send a test message. On selfsolve apple I saw my serial wasn't valid. Is that required for I message to work?? Invalid as in its not registered. Not that it's theasy wrong format. I'd like to know because otherwise my brand new build can go to Yosemite.

No, it's not required. Mine does the same. iMessage and FaceTime in Yosemite requests a lot more details about your machine. Clover can emulate these as my Yosemite is working with my clover install and iMessage and FaceTime are working. I still have not tried it with Unibeast. I will post more details once Unibeast gets released and I get to do a fresh install. I will explain how I got it to work. If it says to call Apple that is what you have to do. No other way around it unless you have access to a Mac

Some of the posts in this tread are kind of making me wonder more about something. I used both chameleon on 1 test build and then clover to work around some issues I had in another test build one the same hardware. In clover I was able to create (using the clover wizard and some random values supplied by their random buttons) a serial number. So I have the iMac 14.2 and matching serial number that was randomized. Also have the STB and Rom with Rom containing my ethernet mac address numbers. I thought I was good to go when iMessage logged in. But it logged out and gave me the customer code before I could send a test message. On selfsolve apple I saw my serial wasn't valid. Is that required for I message to work?? Invalid as in its not registered. Not that it's theasy wrong format. I'd like to know because otherwise my brand new build can go to Yosemite.

Before trying to get iMessage working in Yosemite I would recommend verifying that it is working in Mavericks. On of the problems some people had with the beta's and iMessage was that the nvram wasn't loaded and would not provide a serial. Regardless iMessage can have multiple solutions so thats why I recommend making sure it is working on Mavericks first. Once you have done that on the Yosemite I would follow this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html and start with the iMessage debug tool included in that guide to get you started. This will save you a lot of time.

My iMessage was working perfectly in Mavericks but, after upgrading to Yosemite, I now receive the error message telling me it couldn't sign into iMessage and that I should check my network connection. I hope we find a way to fix this soon as it is one of the best features of Yosemite in my opinion. :)

Can't get my NVRAM to work on Yosemite either:
2014-10-17 21:44:56.032 imessage_debug[325:4038] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: failed
2014-10-17 21:44:56.032 imessage_debug[325:4038] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: failed

I have FileNVRAM under Extra/modules. It does not create the nvram plist under Extra like I've been told it should be. Also couldn't find the "failed" after ROM and MLB anywhere online so maybe one of you could be of assistance.
Thanks.

Gigabyte z87-oc
Nvidia 760
Corsair Vengance Pro 8gb
WD 1TB HD Blue

file nvram doesn't work on 10.10, at all. It's not bad smbios or the other typical 10.9 problems that involve fixing serials or calling apple to unban a machine. This is straight out an issue where file nvram needs to be updated to work on 10.10. Alternatively you just switch to clover like I did to fix nvram and imessage/facetime. Those are your only options with 10.10. Wait, or switch to clover. Waiting has grim hope at moment since file nvram doesn't look to be maintained at the moment. However, now that it's a FAR more pressing issue and probably paramount for chimera/chameleon's future, i imagine someone will make something eventually since imessage/facetime are pretty big on 10.10. heck i only updated for handoff. not like the OS added anything else i care about (still opengl 4.1, UI is meh at best).

file nvram doesn't work on 10.10, at all.

That is indeed very frustrating, and sad. Been working on this, literally since Yosemite came out yesterday.

Also to add to my first error post I also found this(Not sure if it tells anyone anything):
/Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib ; exit;
-bash: /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib: cannot execute binary file
logout

[Process completed]

EDIT: Just wondering. Does anyone with Chameleon/Chimera have a working NVRAM. Or issues with iMessage/FaceTime/iCloud??
Thanks again.

file nvram doesn't work on 10.10, at all. It's not bad smbios or the other typical 10.9 problems that involve fixing serials or calling apple to unban a machine. This is straight out an issue where file nvram needs to be updated to work on 10.10. Alternatively you just switch to clover like I did to fix nvram and imessage/facetime. Those are your only options with 10.10. Wait, or switch to clover. Waiting has grim hope at moment since file nvram doesn't look to be maintained at the moment. However, now that it's a FAR more pressing issue and probably paramount for chimera/chameleon's future, i imagine someone will make something eventually since imessage/facetime are pretty big on 10.10. heck i only updated for handoff. not like the OS added anything else i care about (still opengl 4.1, UI is meh at best).

That is really too bad. :(
Clover (for me) is to complicated and "slow" until the boot selection apears.

Ergo: Still waiting for nvram fix...

file nvram doesn't work on 10.10, at all. It's not bad smbios or the other typical 10.9 problems that involve fixing serials or calling apple to unban a machine. This is straight out an issue where file nvram needs to be updated to work on 10.10.

This seems to be the case. iMessage broke for me a few weeks ago, and I could quickly fix it with the help of the thread linked here. That method does currently NOT work in Yosemite. I also tried upgrading, and migrating everything from my perfectly working Mavericks installation. This seems to work for all important identifiers (UUID, Serial No., System Type) in accordance to the imported nvram.uuid.plist in /Extra/, but NVram is completely unfazed.

Code:
NVRAM -x -p
...puts out garbage data.

I gave up using Chameleon/Chimera as the ROM and MLB just doesn't persist on reboot. I have tried everything I can, but it's doesn't work.

I have now just switched to Clover, and things worked flawlessly. TRIM works (via on the fly patching) even without touching the kext which really a plus as we all know TRIM is a painly arse whenever there is an update.

iMessage and Facetime works now and I am very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back