Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX580
So I attempted Ventura once again this morning, this time using a 19,1 iMac based EFI. And it seemed to be doing ok until the second reboot when it choked on the follow NVRAM error which I can't seem to get past. I removed all SATA devices an the M2 drive I was installing to, and it still won't boot past that screen shown below. I tried resetting the CMOS and restoring the BIOS to known good parameters. Does OCAT have a Reset NVRAM option anywhere I could enable for the next time around? Seems like that would be useful to get past this.
IMG_1646.jpeg

Does OCAT have a Reset NVRAM option anywhere
You're not understanding what OCAT actually is. It is not OpenCore. OC is the bootloader and OCAT is just the configurator app that uses OpenCore. You'll need to add the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver to the drivers folder. Then use the OC Validate option to check that everything is declared in the config.plist.

Watch this video starting at the 4:30 timestamp.

Last edited:
You're not understanding what OCAT actually is. It is not OpenCore. OC is the bootloader and OCAT is just the configurator app that uses OpenCore. You'll need to add the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver to the drivers folder.

Watch this video starting at the 4:30 timestamp.

Thanks, my question was phrased poorly, apologies - what I was looking for was whether OCAT had a configuration option that included NVRAM reset? At the moment I am in a bit of a fix and can't seem to clear this issue. In the past a simple CMOS reset would do the trick so I am not sure where to go now since I am in an unbootable state other than the BIOS.

Fixing the NVMe drive issue is probably going to require more than just resetting NVRAM.

IF you have the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver present in your system, all you need to do to invoke the Reset Nvram option is to press the spacebar while you are on the OpenCore boot screen. This will unhide a number of options, one being ResetNvramEntry. Select this and the system should automatically reset the NVRAM and reboot the system.

However, if the issue is not related to a spurious NVRAM entry, then the issue will remain.

You will then have to fix your config.plist so the NVMe drive entry is not raising/causing this issue.

However, if the issue is not related to a spurious NVRAM entry, then the issue will remain.

You will then have to fix your config.plist so the NVMe drive entry is not raising/causing this issue.
I recommend that Tastic start a new desktop support thread to get specific help with booting issues. This thread is primarily for questions about using OCAT. His problem is mainly OpenCore related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back