Contribute
Register

Nvidia web drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but how long do you think NVIDIA will keep releasing GPU drivers for OS X? Basically, the only ones benefiting from this are the old school Mac Pro upgraders and the Hackintosh community. I fear that they stop seeing the necessity of publishing and maintaining said drivers.

I'm under the impression the native driver is provided by Nvidia to begin with. It's not like they have to really do that much more to maintain that driver. Whatever we're using right now probably will get integrated into OS X later (like when the Macs come with Maxwell variants) as the "native" driver. So in a sense...we're like doing free beta testing the future native driver.

I'm under the impression the native driver is provided by Nvidia to begin with. It's not like they have to really do that much more to maintain that driver. Whatever we're using right now probably will get integrated into OS X later (like when the Macs come with Maxwell variants) as the "native" driver. So in a sense...we're like doing free beta testing the future native driver.

Good point! Really hope you're right. Don't want to buy any expensive Mac Pro hardware for my video work, simply can't afford it. And really don't want to use Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back