CPU
Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, I have had my hackintosh for a while and I recently wanted to fix the graphics drivers. I have the NVIDIA web drivers installed but they won't work. I tried to use nvda_drv=1 but that didn't work and I also changed my config.plist to the attached file. I am running El Capitan and dual booting windows on a separate SSD. Please help me if you can. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 7.23.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 7.23.40 PM.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 65
What is the version number of the Nvidia drivers you're using for El Capitan?

I believe it is 346.03.15f02

Hi, I had a similar problem when I had my gtx 970, When installing Os Sierra 10.12.3 all returned to work great, with the system in IMac 17.1 definition, Since the 14.2 I produced the black screen and not me recognized the NVIDIA drivers.

I had to upgrade to 10.12.4 because I upgrade my video card to a 1070ti

You should try to change the definition of the system, maybe that solves the problem

We have similar configurations in Mbo and processor
Some ketxs that use were here
https://github.com/cnrd/GA-Z170X-UD3-OSX

Hi, I had a similar problem when I had my gtx 970, When installing Os Sierra 10.12.3 all returned to work great, with the system in IMac 17.1 definition, Since the 14.2 I produced the black screen and not me recognized the NVIDIA drivers.

I had to upgrade to 10.12.4 because I upgrade my video card to a 1070ti

You should try to change the definition of the system, maybe that solves the problem

We have similar configurations in Mbo and processor
Some ketxs that use were here
https://github.com/cnrd/GA-Z170X-UD3-OSX

Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually have a 1060, not a 950, which I forgot to add. How does one change the system definition/upgrade to Sierra without losing anything? Thank you!

How does one change the system definition/upgrade to Sierra without losing anything?

Before you modify the options on the EFI, you should try when you turn on the pc, the clover options, go to the option of SMBIOS.. When you reboot the pc it will return everything as it was before.. so it is very good for testing changes and see what happens. I leave you a video that I served much of guide: Link

Best regards

Before you modify the options on the EFI, you should try when you turn on the pc, the clover options, go to the option of SMBIOS.. When you reboot the pc it will return everything as it was before.. so it is very good for testing changes and see what happens. I leave you a video that I served much of guide: Link

Best regards
Thank you!! I will give this a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back