5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
im stumped and cant rectify this situation.. running a new build thats been rifle with problems. Gigabyte ga 170x gaming 7 w/6600k 16 gigs ballistics ram@2400 and my gtx 980ti.. board didnt like osx 1 bit till i updated bios to latest f20.. anyways got installed ran multibeast alls good w/17-1 id.. installed web driver for isx 10.12.2 and cuda, but aftr reboot keeps reverting to osx drivers? Ive tried every boot arg avail and wont use web driver, clover config and config.plist show the flag to use web driver but it keeps reverting. I get 2560x1600 tes but no acceleration.... please help

Moved to Graphics section. i think this sounds like an NVRAM issue with the 100 series bard. See section 6
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.
This is caused when your board does not have native NVRAM support such as Gigabyte 100 series boards.

I also recommend using iMac 14,2 with your hardware - 17,1 expects AMD graphics, this can be hacked with additional work - or you could just run 14,2 and save some work. :thumbup:

I did a reinstall and tried setting up 14,2 I did get accelleration but shows OS X driver still? even reverted back to an old Titan card from my 980ti, no change ?
I just ordered a new Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra I gambled with the gaming 7 because I like the design and colors but proving to be more than I can swallow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back