Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Web Drivers not working, the Quadro P600 is showing as "NVIDIA Chip Model" in System Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't choose to only use Intel. I can only choose to either use Hybrid Graphics (Intel + NVIDIA), or Discrete Graphics (NVIDIA only).

going by your image, you have intel 630 graphics

It seems to me that I have Intel UHD 630 graphics, which I assume is different to Intel HD 630. A check on my processor confirms this, I think.

In any case, it seems to me that these config.plist files in RehabMan's repo are designed to disable NVIDIA graphics in favour of the integrated Intel graphics. Specifically in these lines here:

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Device</key>
    <string>NVidia</string>
    <key>Key</key>
    <string>name</string>
    <key>Value</key>
    <data>I2Rpc3BsYXkA</data>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Inject &quot;name&quot; as (data)&quot;#display&quot; to disable graphics drivers on NVidia</string>
</dict>
<dict>
    <key>Device</key>
    <string>NVidia</string>
    <key>Key</key>
    <string>IOName</string>
    <key>Value</key>
    <string>#display</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Inject &quot;IOName&quot; as &quot;#display&quot; to disable graphics drivers on NVidia</string>
</dict>
<dict>
    <key>Device</key>
    <string>NVidia</string>
    <key>Key</key>
    <string>class-code</string>
    <key>Value</key>
    <data>/////w==</data>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Inject bogus class-code to prevent graphics drivers loading for NVidia</string>
</dict>

Would this be appropriate for my present situation and needs?

It seems to me that I have Intel UHD 630 graphics, which I assume is different to Intel HD 630. A check on my processor confirms this, I think.

In any case, it seems to me that these config.plist files in RehabMan's repo are designed to disable NVIDIA graphics in favour of the integrated Intel graphics. Specifically in these lines here:

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Device</key>
    <string>NVidia</string>
    <key>Key</key>
    <string>name</string>
    <key>Value</key>
    <data>I2Rpc3BsYXkA</data>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Inject &quot;name&quot; as (data)&quot;#display&quot; to disable graphics drivers on NVidia</string>
</dict>
<dict>
    <key>Device</key>
    <string>NVidia</string>
    <key>Key</key>
    <string>IOName</string>
    <key>Value</key>
    <string>#display</string>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Inject &quot;IOName&quot; as &quot;#display&quot; to disable graphics drivers on NVidia</string>
</dict>
<dict>
    <key>Device</key>
    <string>NVidia</string>
    <key>Key</key>
    <string>class-code</string>
    <key>Value</key>
    <data>/////w==</data>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Inject bogus class-code to prevent graphics drivers loading for NVidia</string>
</dict>

Would this be appropriate for my present situation and needs?
ahh, ok, then probably not as that is designed to disabled them

i have read that someone said that this worked:
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/139585/

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is that the same as the NVIDIA Web Drivers? I have installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers for my version of OS X (10.13.4 17E199, I installed 387.10.10.10.30.106) and yet I still can't boot in discrete graphics mode.

It definitely is doing something though - when I boot in dual GPU mode (without Web Drivers) I see my NVIDIA GPU under "Graphics/Displays" as an entry called "Display". However, after installing Web Drivers, I see that it is now called "Nvidia Chip Model", and has 0 megabytes of VRAM. No further information about model name or number or anything like that. (and it still doesn't work - discrete graphics still won't boot with Web Drivers, and integrated graphics looks like it's still running on Intel UHD 630)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is that the same as the NVIDIA Web Drivers? I have installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers for my version of OS X (10.13.4 17E199, I installed 387.10.10.10.30.106) and yet I still can't boot in discrete graphics mode.

It definitely is doing something though - when I boot in dual GPU mode (without Web Drivers) I see my NVIDIA GPU under "Graphics/Displays" as an entry called "Display". However, after installing Web Drivers, I see that it is now called "Nvidia Chip Model", and has 0 megabytes of VRAM. No further information about model name or number or anything like that. (and it still doesn't work - discrete graphics still won't boot with Web Drivers, and integrated graphics looks like it's still running on Intel UHD 630)
when you use dual gpu, only your intel will work on macOS on your laptop

if you use dedicated nvidia then use the webdriver or the link i gave you above to see if that works

I'm having similar issues to you with my Lenovo ThinkPad P50 w/ a Quadro M1000M, so I will let you know if I come across anything that allows me to boot using the Nvidia card properly.

Same issue as my thinkpad p52 (P1000 discrete graphics), Have you solved this problem now?

Same issue as my thinkpad p52 (P1000 discrete graphics), Have you solved this problem now?

I haven't. I instead had to go with integrated graphics, Intel UHD 630. However that came with its own sleep issues, and I still haven't been able to fix the webcam nor the trackpad... at this stage I've kinda given up on it.

Check out my newest post. I managed to get it working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back