Gigabyte H61m-S1
CPU
Intel Core i5 3330
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

As you may have read from the title, I get a black screen when booting macOS.
I'm using the iMac 13,2 SMBIOS and have tried several fixes, including Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (both together of course) and reinstallation of the drivers with and without SIP.

In addition, I rebuilded my EFI partition and reinstalled Clover to see if that was the problem. That set my SMBIOS to iMac 14,2 (which I did not change back to 13,2).

I'm very frustrated as I've been using this machine for 1+ years with minimal problems.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'm also experiencing the same issue on a fresh install of 10.13.5. Black screen with NVIDIA Drivers. I've posted this issue in a couple of threads so I'm not reposting the details again, just want to get some exposure to this issue and hopefully a fix! Here is the original post with the details: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...loading-problems.161256/page-284#post-1760472

Hey!
I was able to fix it by connecting my VGA display and booting with CSM enabled. The bad part is you HAVE to boot with at least that monitor connected and macOS doesn’t give me the option to get it to its full resoution.

I hope that helps though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back