Contribute
Register

Nvidia Web driver won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I folled instructions and got

bash-3.2# kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
KernelCache ID: 8FBB32CBE047C0D73D9685EFEA49313B
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
bash-3.2# kextcache -system-caches
bash-3.2#

will reboot and see what happens

It worked but the frame buffer is corrupter. See upper left corner and the About window.

Attachments

• WP_20170208_10_22_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170208_10_22_11_Pro.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 93
It worked but the frame buffer is corrupter. See upper left corner and the About window.
What does it say in About This Mac ? Graphics/Displays?
Looks like you've fixed the black screen but no acceleration.

I've change my Quadro 2000 to a Quadro FX 3800.

The later just crashed at boot trying to use the NVIDIA web drivers.
I got it to boot putting nv_disable=1 back

The Quadro 2000 got full res and it was blazing fast; but it didn't paint all pixel (minor detail).

Here is with the FX 3800:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Chip Model
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Ethernet
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 3 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x05ff
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

Attachments

• About.PNG
    About.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 100
Do you need the web drivers for these cards? What happens if you boot and enable the default OS X drivers?

I tried and every time it rebooted back to the WebDriver. Should I change the config.plist manually?

You can change it in the Nvidia Driver manager in System Preferences.

I did. And disabled web driver in config.plist. Still has to boot with nv_disable=1 or it crashes in clover.

Attachments

• xMac.PNG
    xMac.PNG
    38.2 KB · Views: 94
I don't know what else to suggest with your Quadro cards. If they do not work well with either default OS X drivers nor Web drivers I don't know of another method that can get them working correctly. Are you injecting Nvidia via your config.plist?

I am injecting Nvidia in config.plist. I went back to Quadro 2000 and I am sure if I could disable hardware acceleration features one by one I would discover which one is causing the corrupted frame buffer. I am no Mac OS expert however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back