Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
XFX RX 580
Lots of people are having issues with the Nvidia cards, including myself.
Late last year I replaced my GTX750 with a GTX1060, but the issues continued,
including the performance problems (that I also had in my windows 7 boot with
the 360 driver - had to fallback).
I kind of regret I bought that new card instead of AMD.

I am curious to understand why Tonymac continues to recommend Nvidia cards.
From what I have seen the AMD cards work out of the box now.

Thank you.

Nvidia cards work great with the right drivers, I am using a GTX 960 with no issues at all. Nvidia cards are stI’ll recommended because they are great cards and they work. Your problems may be specific to your build rather then all Nvidia cards.

My 1070 is working just fine for everything I need it to do - from digital artwork, video playback, to games.

I saw a few people post success messages with AMD cards in the thread macOS 10.13.3 Update.
Sorry that thread got pretty big now and its is not easy to find all the posts.
I just browsed and found #302

I am watching that thread and I don't want to upgrade because of all the problems people are facing.
Already upgrading to 10.13.2 was a pain.
Again, I don't see the people using AMD cards having to deal with all these issues.

I upgraded to 10.3.3, experienced lag, then went back to version .107 of the web driver and everything is fine.

Looks like the AMD RX 580 runs at around $600. That may be another reason TonyMac doesn't include them in the buyer's guide.

Based on what I see being posted, there is simply not enough information to make any clear judgment on whether the card and/or the setup is the problem.

I have no stuttering and no lag. Something else is amiss with those results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back