Contribute
Register

Nvidia Update Didnt work! Help? (PROBLEM SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble applying the EFI strings, I keep getting this message:
System Events got an error: Can’t get property list item "Kernel" of property list file "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist". (-1728)

Any ideas on how I can remedy this? Thanks for all your help already!

mo sizzle said:
After many headaches, everything seems to be running correctly, ethernet port, sound, display ratio are all working! I am truly thankful for you taking your time to help me. I honestly couldn't have done it without you, so again thank you a million. The only problem I am still experiencing is that once the computer goes into powersave i can't get it to wake up. There is also another person experiencing this problem and hopefully someone will be able to help him out too.

Last question, I have my old hard drive from my mbp with all my applications and documents, and I am trying to move them onto my main hard drive. I was going to use the migration assistant in the utilities. Is this the best way to do it? Will my applications (i.e adobe cs5 and the plugins) be operational without having to enter a serial?

nicksnow said:
I'm having trouble applying the EFI strings, I keep getting this message:
System Events got an error: Can’t get property list item "Kernel" of property list file "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist". (-1728)

Any ideas on how I can remedy this? Thanks for all your help already!

First off, I am glad that your system is working and it really doesnt bother me to help you because it took me 3 wks with my system and I dont want anyone to have to go through that.

I also have the same powersave issues, but I just went into the system preferences and set sleep to never. As for your harddrive, go ahead and use the assistant, but if your programs dont transfer just keep the hd in your system and run apps off of it. This hackintosh is my first mac so i do not know how the assistant is.

Edit: Sorry didnt see the above msg sorry. The problem is that it cannot find the kernel off of your boot drive. If you cannot boot, then in chameleon, type in "Kernel=mach_kernel" w/o quotes to get it to find your kernel. You probably dont want to do this every time so go to the directory it said the error was in (Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/) then copy com.apple.Boot.plist to your desktop. Open it from your desktop. Then, you should find a line of code that looks like this:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string></string>

It may vary what is inside the string section, but your kernel is saved as mach_kernel on your hd (by default) so we will need to let chameleon know of its name. Do so by changing the code to this:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>

Save then move the edited document back to where you got it from. You will probably need to give admin privileges to copy it there.

Boot up and enjoy!

Hey maybe you can help me too... I too have a GTX 465 and when I install the nvidia driver I got a Black screen at boot.... or the screen just turns off... I was able to enter OSX with a simple -x command... when I booted up my Screen Resolution was better (1680x1050) and my video card was recognized as a GTX470 which I find kinda weird... My video card is a Gigabyte and I'm Using a P55A-UD3 Rev 2 Motherboard... I have since reinstalled and everything is working (Audio, Internet even USB3) not sure about sleep but I do know my screen saver works... I really want to get my video card to work... I am waiting to install the Nvidia update until I figure out this EFI string thing...

* Is their any thing I should try before I edit the EFI string?
* When I type my Video card in OSX86Tools is "nVidia Geforce GTX 465" Correct?
* as for Flags the only one I seem to need is the resolution which I will set to
1680x1050x32@60Hz

Do you thk this will work? any help would be greatly Appreciated

(this is another post I have, its more in-depth on how I got to where I'm at now)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14934&p=95371#p95371

Hi, thanks for the tips so far...I am running osx86 but can't seem to apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist still. I'm using the EVGA 8400 GS 1gb...help?

I just did a fresh install but i am still running into the error which will not let me apply changes to the boot list. I moved it to desktop and edited then replaced but still no good.

tried the utiltool but getting System Events got an error: Can’t get property list item "Kernel" of property list file "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist". (-1728) and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back