Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

... ... ...
Anyway, i had already a lot of freezes with the new drivers, also OopenCL was not working anymore.
I uninstalled successfully this crappy stuff with the nVidia App in System Prefferences.

hope this helps a bit.

You need to re-apply the OpenCL patch, such as ...

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Note the full path of the target is different from previous postings of this patch.

Installed, but the System Preferences panel reports "GeForce GTX 650 Not Supported" in the ECC tab's device list. Not sure if the driver is running despite adding the boot flag "nvda_drv=1".

I have two questions I'm hoping someone can help me with before I take the plunge. I have a decently working EVGA GeForce 650 and I don't want to mess with it unless triple monitors is possible. So my questions are:

1) Has anyone confirmed this works with GeForce 650, it's not listed on the Nvidia site as being supported.

2) Can anyone confirm triple monitor support for these drivers?

Yes. Is that a problem?

Not really if you are not interested in using Mercury playback engine in Adobe Premiere Pro

does anybody know how to modify the code
Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<key>Kernel Flags</key>
[/COLOR][COLOR=#3E3E3E]<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1</string>[/COLOR]
for clover bootloader's config.plist?

THanks!

Installed, but the System Preferences panel reports "GeForce GTX 650 Not Supported" in the ECC tab's device list. Not sure if the driver is running despite adding the boot flag "nvda_drv=1".

thanks theFrenchMan, I'm not sure how you tell what driver the gc is using. I'm sure there's a way.

Thanks tony!!

Hello guys,

ive following problem. After activating the new web driver i cant boot into osx system, still get black screen after loading os. Please what should i do?

After installing on my hack with a 670 gtx, I had the strangest problem that I haven't seen mentioned here. On reboot, my NTFS internal shared drive (using TuxeraNTFS) refused to mount and I could not connect to my network shared drive. Tried a bunch of solutions, and nothing would work. Uninstalled the new Nvidia app and driver, and everyhing went back to normal and worked again. No idea why or how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back