Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.1 (346.03.03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here so please go easy...

I installed the latest El Capitan using clover, was a bit different compared to unibeast but I managed it.

Now I only have one problem - when I install the nvidia graphics drivers it still wont display on full resolution. It will only work when I use the bootflag "nvda_drv=1"

I have to keep entering this bootflag everytime I start my computer up in order to achieve the best resolution.

Is there anyway I can have this set permanently?

Yes you have 2 options :
1.Go to system preference --> nvidia driver panel --> Nvidia web driver
2.Get clover configuration and select nvda_drv=1 in the boot options.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.30.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.30.56 PM.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 274
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.31.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.31.20 PM.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.32.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 12.32.42 PM.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 534
Thankyou sir,

I managed to find the problem myself but I appreciate the quick response :)

I have a EVGA 960GTX and I've connected two Dell U2515h (1440p) monitors to it, one into Displayport and other into HDMI.

Displayport works fine, but HDMI caps resolution to 2048x1152 (with highspeed cable) any way to fix that issue? :confused: Everything works fine under Windows 10

Thanks!

I have a EVGA 960GTX and I've connected two Dell U2515h (1440p) monitors to it, one into Displayport and other into HDMI.

Displayport works fine, but HDMI caps resolution to 2048x1152 (with highspeed cable) any way to fix that issue? :confused: Everything works fine under Windows 10

Thanks!

HMM! Instead of HDMI, I used two Displayport cables.. and chained another monitor from 1st one (they have DP-out as well, as they are DP1.2 monitors) but now instead of proper daisy chaining (works in windows) I get two screens mirroring same picture.. OSX just sees one screen, any solution for that? Resolutions are fine now

Still waiting impatiently for an update that fixes Alien: Isolation...

Hi,

I just installed the Nvidia web driver for the first time from the latest available .pkg (346.03.03f02), all went well, but now I just wonder if they are running or not ! I didn't modify anything in clover and clover configurator has both nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 unchecked.

Nvidia driver manager tells me I'm running the web driver over the default ones.
System info tells me in the extension category "GeForceWeb = Yes" ; "Geforce = No".

So I guess it's ok but I'd like a confirmation as I read different infos (if I understood correctly, lately Nvidia has included a script that directly tells the system to use the web drivers whereas you had to do it yourself before. Am I right ?).

My CG is a GTX 760 fo now so it works natively with OS X anyway.

Thanks !

Hi,

I just installed the Nvidia web driver for the first time from the latest available .pkg (346.03.03f02), all went well, but now I just wonder if they are running or not ! I didn't modify anything in clover and clover configurator has both nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1 unchecked.

Nvidia driver manager tells me I'm running the web driver over the default ones.
System info tells me in the extension category "GeForceWeb = Yes" ; "Geforce = No".

So I guess it's ok but I'd like a confirmation as I read different infos (if I understood correctly, lately Nvidia has included a script that directly tells the system to use the web drivers whereas you had to do it yourself before. Am I right ?).

My CG is a GTX 760 fo now so it works natively with OS X anyway.

Thanks !

Nvidia web driver automatically adds 'nvda_drv=1' to your boot arguments, so don't be worried:)

Thanks for your answer !

hi. i have a customac pro with gtx 760 and el capitan doesn't seem to want to detect my hdmi port at all. any ideas? it worked flawlessly on my previous mountain lion installation
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back