Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YMMV but .121 appears to be a solid improvement for me with a GTX1060. I've only tested a bit, but my graphics performance is back to what it was in Sierra. I had a lot of lag since upgrading and it's quite snappy now.
My tests on Gene with a GTX 1060 results: after wake up from sleep, there are still the screen graphics glitches which are so bad that the only way to recover is to reboot.

I know. Hotplugging works for me. Pull out the DP from the PC and put it back in. Works 99% of the time. Glitches are gone. Still sucks.

The .121 update did something apparently.

Went from 68fps to 91 in Cinebench.

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2017-10-28 kl. 14.32.17 1.png
    Skjermbilde 2017-10-28 kl. 14.32.17 1.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 1,332
Last edited by a moderator:
an improvement for sure, but still making the x-plane 11 stalls

I just did some tests to compare Sierra and High Sierra and I'm going back to Sierra:
Cinebench: 130 S, 122 HS
Heaven: 137, 3462, 16,5 and 284 S >> 117, 2963, 15,9 and 254 HS
Xplane 11 is not so easy to compare but fps are higher. In HS it takes quite a bit of time before xplane quits, in S immediately.
HS is still beta.... ;-)

System: i7 6700k, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, 32 GB at 2400 RAM

Regarding X-plane 11, mine not even run, start with 32 FPS and then stalls showing 1 fps and forever to quit.
On the other applications nothing big as difference on S and HS.

My tests on Gene with a GTX 1060 results: after wake up from sleep, there are still the screen graphics glitches which are so bad that the only way to recover is to reboot.
On .121 and a 1060, after system sleep and wake, I get the glitches too. On earlier drivers the glitches happened almost immediately, with newer iterations it can take several minutes, which is extremely frustrating as it initially seems the issue has been fixed, only to glitch out. I have only needed to reboot once to fix the problem, however, and in retrospect I'm not sure I needed to do it then. Setting a hot corner to display sleep continues to work, although sometimes I need to let the system actually turn off the monitor (signal light goes from "getting signal" to "not getting signal"), and sometimes I need to do it twice or actually turn off the monitor and turn it back on. Some combination of these steps has, so far, always resolved the glitches (until next system sleep).

I just got a 2017 15" MacBook Pro and a Mantiz Venus. I want to use an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 I already have, but I am currently running High Sierra. Is it possible for me to get all of this working, or do I absolutely need to consider either downgrading to Sierra or selecting another card?

You can use the GTX 1080 with High Sierra. You'll need the latest Nvidia drivers for High Sierra available in the Download menu at the top of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back