Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! When i installed the nvidia driver for 10.10.2 once i shut down or restarted my machine i was unable to load back into Yosemite. I have just made a clean install and all is fine with out running 343.02.02 . What are my options for installing a nvidia driver?

Right! When i installed the nvidia driver for 10.10.2 once i shut down or restarted my machine i was unable to load back into Yosemite. I have just made a clean install and all is fine with out running 343.02.02 . What are my options for installing a nvidia driver?

What I found interesting was that in MultiBeast of the 10.10.2 Yosemite the 3rd Party Sata kext install made my reboots hang. Maybe that's the problem.

Temporary solution I stumbled across from InsanelyMac forum, User OF99AV

I "solved" the problem w/this procedure:
1) Rollback at version 343.01.02f03 (by mod the OS Check in NvidiaWebDriver)
2) Set Nvidia Web Driver in Nvidia Driver Manager
3) add nvda_drv=1 in config.plist Clover

Anyone willing to try this out? I'm at the office for a while. Link for those wanting to read up on the procedure

Last edited:
Things are working great on my end... fresh build, fresh install of 10.10.2 with latest web drivers in conjunction with the Gigabyte 970 Mini ITX.

Using an Asus Gryphon Z97 with ThunderboltEX II Dual and have even been able to a run dual-monitor setup with one of the monitors getting signal from the thunderbolt port (which is the DP signal piped from the 970).

I actually sort of in shock as to how trouble-free the install ended up being...:|

Hi guys,

Just managed to get my Hackintosh working. And then I tried to install my Graphic Card (Gigabyte GTX980) with Yosemite 10.10.2

From what I gathered, alternate drivers are not working smoothly (yet) on this version of the OS.

I am, however, encountering another issue: none of the driver packs designed for this version will work. Here's the basic error message I'm getting:

View attachment 125345

What could be the issue? What do you advise: downgrading or waiting a little more?

Thanks for your help.

Celine
You need to bypass the hardware check.
Follow the instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ers-10-9-x-mavericks-found-14.html#post812240

Make sure you use the appropriate package name.

Tip: If you use TextEdit, DO NOT save the Distribution file (cmd-s). Just click the red close button and let TextEdit do it's thing

Is there any chance to make GTX460 works in Yosemite?

Temporary solution I stumbled across from InsanelyMac forum, User OF99AV

I "solved" the problem w/this procedure:
1) Rollback at version 343.01.02f03 (by mod the OS Check in NvidiaWebDriver)
2) Set Nvidia Web Driver in Nvidia Driver Manager
3) add nvda_drv=1 in config.plist Clover

Anyone willing to try this out? I'm at the office for a while. Link for those wanting to read up on the procedure

Does not work. You can install older drivers fine just by editing out hw/sw restrictions in the distribution file of the installer, but the driver itself recognizes the wrong os build again and disables itself. So 2) would not be possible because the nvidia driver option is greyed out in Nvidia Driver Manager. Unless those guys found a way to bypass the software check of the driver somewhere, not working.

In other news, I lost my DisplayPort in 10.10.2 and I strongly advise against upgrading. :/

Just got my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G installed today and wanted to share my results.

My Install method was as follows:
1) Use an old compatible GFX or IGX to boot into OS X without the 970 installed.
2) Update to OSX 10.10.2 and Clover r3156
3) Install latest web drivers.
4) Restart, select web drivers from Nvidia preferences, restart again.
5) edit clover config and add boot flag "nvda_drv=1" and disable any graphics injection.
6) shut down, install GTX 970. ONLY PLUG IN ONE DVI MONITOR (DVI-I Port).
7) Boot up and install the latest CUDA driver.

Problems I encountered:

- Booting with both DVI ports in use crashed my system on every boot. I had to unplug the DVI-D connection every time just to boot. RESOLVED by changing system profile from iMac to MacPro3,1, now I can boot with both displays connected.

Stuff I haven't tried:

- using HDMI or Display port connections. I have ordered adapters so will update this post when I get them.
- HDMI audio.

I haven't experienced the graphical bugs or flickering that some people have mentioned, so other than having to change system profile everything works so far.

UPDATE

- iMac15,1 was causing the boot crash with both DVI connected, 14,2 works fine
- after some use I'm getting the scrambled images reported by other users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back