Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the theory.

I haven't had any success yet. I use Clover Configurator to edit the config.plist and each time my EFI partition gets messed up. Meaning I can't boot and have to start from scratch with clean OS X and Clover installs.

However, after reading some posts in this thread, the problem might be that I need to install the card before I install the driver. I will try this tonight.

About your EFI partition: I mess it all the time due to experimenting, just back it up with Clonezilla -> http://clonezilla.org/

It's fast and easy to boot with a clonezilla usb and restore your efi partition.

Is there a difference between these Nvidia drivers you mention in this post and the CUDA drivers I update through System Preferences? If so, can you explain the difference?

View attachment 124368

I guess there should be no difference, ... However according to your screenshot, you don't have the latest cuda drivers installed. ... Mine are version 6.5.46 (downloaded from website).

I was able to get the driver working with this hack to bypass the hardware check:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ers-10-9-x-mavericks-found-14.html#post812240

Make sure you use the appropriate package name.

Tip: If you use TextEdit, DO NOT save the Distribution file (cmd-s). Just click the red close button and let TextEdit do it's thing.

What I did:

Graphics card (EVGA nVidia GTX 750 Ti) is not installed at this point. I am using the onboard graphics at this point.

1. Create the installer package using above method.
2. Click the package icon to start the installer.
3. Installer does it's thing.
4. Reboot computer.
5. Confirm drivers have been installed by opening "System Preferences". nVidia panel should be at the bottom.
6. Shut down computer and turn off power supply.
7. Installed graphics card. Still using onboard graphics at this point
8. Power up and boot computer to confirm that the computer will boot without issues. So far so good.
9. Reboot computer and hold hotkey (delete) to enter BIOS.
10. Set initial display to PCIe 1 (slot my card is in).
11. Save settings and exit, letting boot process via Clover to continue. Still connected to onboard graphics.
12. Confirm that I have booted successfully into OS X 10.10.2 with nVidia preference pane installed and the nVidia driver is selected.
13. Shutdown and power off computer.
14. Connect monitor to card via DVI.
15. Power on and boot computer.
16. Computer boots successfully and and all is well at the moment.

At this point I shut down and connected via HDMI just confirm it was working. It was fine, at least the video was. I have no way to check the sound.

Ever get anywhere with this? The latest driver on 10.10.1 gave me the same trouble with my 660Ti an Seiki 4k tv.
Figure I'll have to stick with 10.10.1 as well.

can't output 4K via hdmi since the last ver. of NVdriver.

just update to 10.10.2 , give the new one a try, still no luck.

i guess i going to rollback to 10.10.1 with NVdriver 343.01.02F01

Hello

im running 10.9.54 with a Zotac GTX770 4GB card. everything mostly works, system identifies it correctly with the correct amount of RAM etc. all ports work as well. the snag comes when i try to do anything opengl related, the system either hangs or the application hangs. this happens to games, or even cinebench. now are the webdrivers mentioned here something that people have had success with working for these types of situations? thanks!@

Ever get anywhere with this? The latest driver on 10.10.1 gave me the same trouble with my 660Ti an Seiki 4k tv.
Figure I'll have to stick with 10.10.1 as well.

Just chiming in to say that my 4K at 60 Hz setup stopped working with these drivers, which I was forced to install when trying to upgrade to OS X 10.10.2. I'm also rolling back to 10.10.1.

See this post for all the stuff I tried.

The Nvidia web driver 343.02.02f01 is giving me terrible freezes all the time. The system freezes after 1-3 minutes once booted.

I'm pretty sure it's the Nvidia drivers and that's why I uninstalled them (including preference panel). Now use OSX default drivers and no freezes at all.

My system:

Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H Intel Z87 So.1150
Intel Core i7-4770K
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti Windforce
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

My system:

Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H Intel Z87 So.1150
Intel Core i7-4770K
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti Windforce
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

What type of Mac definitions do you use for this Hack? (iMac ? Mac Pro ?)
I have similar configuration, but there are many freezes during import video *.m2ts into Final Cut Pro X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back