Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

Same here, iMac 14,2 and Clover bootloader. What is your issue?

Hello ! Plz help me

2. Add nv_disable=1 in boot args
3. Connect the card

So the step 3, i need to connect the card to PCI Express slot, and PC still On?? Or add boot flag so next shutdown PC and connect the card ? Thanks u

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

Some people say that the 970 is not supported and that I should avoid it, other says it is fine.

WILL THE ZOTAC 970 WORK WITH YOSEMITE?

ps. asking on the buying advice and compatibility forum is of no use. I have posted 4 threads there in total, and received 0 replies over the last couple of months.

I have Asus GTX 970 4gb dd5 and I can confirm it works perfect under Yosemite with nvidia alternate drivers, not the native ones

I have Asus GTX 970 4gb dd5 and I can confirm it works perfect under Yosemite with nvidia alternate drivers, not the native ones

Thats great news since i have mine arriving tomorrow:D

Does HDMI and audio also work?

Oh great that it works. If only I hadn't broken my motherboards pcie 16 socket... I wanna cry. The whole damn socket came off leavin some twisted pins behind. I had to go and buy a new mobo. They didn't have my old model so I had to buy the asus p8z77 -v lx. I need to figure out how to get OSX to boot now... :D

So the step 3, i need to connect the card to PCI Express slot, and PC still On?? Or add boot flag so next shutdown PC and connect the card ? Thanks u

Of course only add the card if the PC is OFF and even the power cable is pulled off. Putting the card in while the system is running is very risky. Beside the fact that you could harm your hardware, there is a chance to harm yourself.

The bootflag is necessary for the first boot after the card is added to the system to let OS X ignore it. Otherwise you will not be able to boot probably. You don't have to add the bootflag to your plist, it is also possible to type it when the chimera/clover boot screen appears. After installing the nVidia drivers the flag is not necessary.

I can also confirm, that my ASUS GTX 970 Strix is working very good – power management seems to be fixed in the latest drivers, the fans aren't spinning up sporadically in idle any more. I have not tested HDMI oder HDMI Audio. Systemdefinition is MacPro3,1.

Guide only refers to nVidia GTX 6xx/7xx (excluding 750Ti since it is Maxwell) and doesn't have a word about GTX 9xx.
Yosemite supports native HDMI audio for all Fermi/Kepler without any kexts or edits (i had no issues with GTX770 HDMI earlier), but 970/980 Maxwell is a different story.

Some people getting HDMI displays and audio working on those cards (most likely some non-reference design only), but most of us out of luck.

P.S. Whoever fed up on boot CUDA notification (until this is fixed by nVidia) - can safely remove it by running following command in Terminal:
sudo rm -rf /Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist

On Maxwell cards like the 750 ti in my case, has anyone got HDMI to even work? let alone sound? because my HDMI doesnt work... is there a fix for this?

I have the Gigabyte GTX 750 TI WindForce 2X card

Hi,

I have a question, currently I have a gtx 680 working perfectly on yosemite (native support). Can I install the webdrivers, add the bootflags "nvda_drv=1", then shutdown my hachintosh, install my new gtx 970 and finally reboot with support of maxwell on yosemite ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back