Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 an

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

I installed this driver on a Z77X UP4 Gigabyte motherboard with a GeForce 560TI 448-core GPU. Before the driver, even with the integrated GPU disabled, my DoTA2 session would exit out randomly (about once a game) with a Graphics error. After I installed this driver and reinstalled, I did not change any of my boot flags, rather, there was a tool bar icon w/the Nvidia logo, and then from that system preference panel, I activated the driver. It's been great! I also think the game runs faster w/the same settings!

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.0 (343.01.01f01) with 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 970 and 980 Support

GTX 7xx and 9xx adapters able to drive 4k@60Hz via DP (or mDP) with proper SMBIOS (not iMac, those will give you 30Hz max).
Intel integrated must be disabled for that.
However, I had to power cycle my Dell UP2414Q after OS loaded, otherwise it is falling to power sleep.
Had it on GTX770 and having it with GTX980 - no changes on any drivers.

HDMI was working perfect on GTX770 and does not work with GTX980 anymore (neither video or audio). Perhaps due to HDMI2.0 and needs a driver update - until then no chance.

BTW, can somebody check what it is?
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/343.01.01f03/WebDriver-343.01.01f03.pkg

What I did :

1. Clean install of Yosemite with Clover, without the video card.
2. Add nv_disable=1 in boot args
3. Connect the card
4. Reboot
4. Install the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers
5. Remove nv_disable=1, add nvda_drv=1
6. Reboot, but don't connect your screen to the video card yet.
7. Go into the bios and disable IGFX, select PCIe 1st slot as the first selection. This will enable the bios to be displayed on your main screen connected to the video card. Now you can connect your screen to the video card.
8. Boot into OSX, this will now be even faster than before :)

Disable IGFX, this is important to turn on QE/CI
Thank you very much

What I did :

1. Clean install of Yosemite with Clover, without the video card.
2. Add nv_disable=1 in boot args
3. Connect the card
4. Reboot
4. Install the latest NVIDIA Web Drivers
5. Remove nv_disable=1, add nvda_drv=1
6. Reboot, but don't connect your screen to the video card yet.
7. Go into the bios and disable IGFX, select PCIe 1st slot as the first selection. This will enable the bios to be displayed on your main screen connected to the video card. Now you can connect your screen to the video card.
8. Boot into OSX, this will now be even faster than before :)

Hello and thanks! my gigabyte gtx750ti black edition works very good hdmi&dvi.

My lux benchmark with the driver was 851 and with the native drivers was 2361. I didn't uninstall, but left it with the native drivers selected for now. If anyone has any suggestions as to why, I can go back and see if there is something to tweak.

After installing the update, benchmark was 3437. Keeping these drivers!

Quick warning: today's nVidia driver update broke my GTX 970 based system. It may just be me but I wanted to post a heads up for others. Update: I rolled back to the F01 driver and then tried updating again and everything is working again.

Here's what happened: the Nvidia control panel popped up with a new revision of the driver today (I think f03) and I installed it (hoping it would resolve some lingering issues I've seen with my Asus 970). Previously things were working reasonably well but now pretty much nothing works. Upon boot I get a brief flash of my desktop on one monitor, then the display shows a blurred out version (kind of like the Yosemite fade effect). The other monitor is now displaying a solid white background. I can tell the system is still functional: the mouse cursor displays fine, when I plug my iPhone in it syncs, etc. The system is just totally unusable.

I confirmed my hardware is fine by booting into Windows. Looks like I'll need to figure out a way to rollback to the previous version.

Update: To resolve I booted up using my integrated graphics, reinstalled the F01 version of the driver, confirmed everything was working fine, updated to F03 and I'm back in business again. If anyone else runs into this issue rollback is pretty easy.

Last edited:

Quick warning: today's nVidia driver update broke my GTX 970 based system. It may just be me but I wanted to post a heads up for others.

Here's what happened: the Nvidia control panel popped up with a new revision of the driver today (I think f03) and I installed it (hoping it would resolve some lingering issues I've seen with my Asus 970). Previously things were working reasonably well but now pretty much nothing works. Upon boot I get a brief flash of my desktop on one monitor, then the display shows a blurred out version (kind of like the Yosemite fade effect). The other monitor is now displaying a solid white background. I can tell the system is still functional: the mouse cursor displays fine, when I plug my iPhone in it syncs, etc. The system is just totally unusable.

I confirmed my hardware is fine by booting into Windows. Looks like I'll need to figure out a way to rollback to the previous version.

I have same MB, graphics card and only difference from you is I have a 2500k cpu...I just installed f03 and everything is running fine. What connection are you using? I am using DVI.

Btw what "lingering" issues are you having? I am having a problem where sometimes when I boot into Yosemite I get a graphics card error which appears to be due to a driver crash.

Hello and thanks! my gigabyte gtx750ti black edition works very good hdmi&dvi.

Hello, I've a Asus gtx750ti but she don't works on hdmi & dvi.
Can you show me your org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

My config:
- Motherboard: p8z68-v pro/gen3
- CPU: Intel i5 3570 IvyBridge
- Ram: 16 Go ddr3 HyperX Beast Kingston
- Graphics: Asus gtx 750 ti 2Go

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

My smbios:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8831FO65J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I need 3 monitors, so plug into hdmi, dvi and dvi.
Someone can help me?

PS: It works on VGA, or only once screen on hdmi or dvi, but without accelerated (nv_disable=1)
PS2: I already test with nvda_drv=1, but only vga mode works. I use OSX Default Graphics Driver actually to use hdmi, but I don't have accelerated...

I have same MB, graphics card and only difference from you is I have a 2500k cpu...I just installed f03 and everything is running fine. What connection are you using? I am using DVI.

Btw what "lingering" issues are you having? I am having a problem where sometimes when I boot into Yosemite I get a graphics card error which appears to be due to a driver crash.

Thanks for chiming in pdawg1717. Glad to find someone with almost the exact same configuration as me. Since things are working well for you that gives me hope for my setup. I just need to figure out what is different in my installation from yours, I must be doing something differently from you.

I'm using DVI to run two monitors and the lingering issues I've seen are a phantom third display even though I only have two connected (it's weird) and dropped frames when playing movies in iTunes. I don't recall getting the error you mentioned due to the driver crash.

Would you mind posting a copy of your org.chameleon.boot.plist that I could compare with mine? Also, I'm following the installation guide at http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...8ma-d2h-b3-evga-gtx650-working-dsdt-free.html for my installation--is this the one that you are following as well?

Update: I rolled back to F01 drivers and then updated to F03 and that time everything went fine with the update. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same phantom third display and dropped frames issues with F03 as with the F01/F02 versions.

Last edited:

Guys

anyone got the 750 ti working with HDMI/DVI-D????

I have the 2 hdmi gigabyte one , and would like two monitors (1 over DVI-I to VGA and the other HDMI to HDMI or DVI-D to HDMI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back